looking ? what would you do ? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Not an option now I have sold "Alice" :D
Caddy maxi is too small and I am not bringing the transit back from Durham :(
terry

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Broken Link Removed

.........................................................:)

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well the bus is out of my system :eek:we went to view it yesterday-total of 9 hrs driving in very heavy rain -to say it was different to the pics is a understatement -seller had taken anything of value out and basically left a dirty shell -all the carpet lining was scruffy and all the nice looking leather seats where old and cracked even the corian tables and w/tops were cracked,a complete shed :(Outside was no better showing signs of seams all rusting -all steel metal panels not as I thought fiberglass -Lockers falling off and electric tape stuck over rusty bits to tidy it up -He had even taken the big tv out and stuck a small 14 ins one in -The only good thing on or in it was the engine which sounded great (y)the inside did not matter to me because it all would have come out but I think the body would have needed about 5k spending on it we gave it a miss -boy was it big :Da big shed :D:D
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It wasn't meant to be Terry, fate really does play its part

You were going to leave it till another day, seeing it on a grey damp day following a bad drive was maybe the best thing you could have done

Did you notice that as you drove home the rain stopped and the sun came out :)

You might not be quite as soft in the head as me, but I think you are really, the sun was a sign

(y)

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:DHi David the rain stopped about 2 hrs from home,but no sun it was dark :)something else will turn up and I deffo know I am not going that big (y);)
terry

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Good thing you went to see it - if not it would have got better and better in your mind. Its out of your system now - from the photos it looked great :(

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
What about this Terry ?
image.jpg

Broken Link Removed
Armoured Mh perfect for touring the Middle East!

Vlad

Peter A Forbes

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rushden, Northants, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 614D
Exp
10+
The Mercedes Vario is not like any other panel van, it is the largest van in Europe with a GVW up to 7.5 tonnes, plus it will tow 3.5tonnes on overrun brakes or 7 tonnes with powered brakes.

It has a full truck chassis and axles, disc brakes all round and is very strongly built, to put it mildly.

Ours is the lower rated 614D which is 5990kg max GVW, OM904LA 4.25 litre 4-cylinder diesel engine and 5-speed manual gearbox.

It has done 52k miles since new.

In conversion terms I'd rate it very good as once you get the bus fittings all out, you have a pretty clean sheet of paper to work with.

Raised floors for wheelchair access rob you of 4" of headroom, ours is coming out, saving about 200kgs of weight.

We are fitting all new tinted windows, ventilation shouldn't be an issue, we have a very large skylight and two extraction fans.

The vans were in production until 2013 so spares are very good and prices no worse than other manufacturers. The only real issue is that the Vario is a unique vehicle in its market so not big numbers in the breakers yards.

Ours has to last us 10 years, so we are spending money now to give us that life span. I wouldn't expect to convert one of these for short-term ownership.

We need the towing capacity for our big 6-wheel trailer, but if you didn't need that the a Ducato XLWB or Daily would get you similar space.

I like the vehicle and its build quality, it's a pity that bus and coach operators don't look after them.

Peter

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
well tis sold now anyway. Glad to hear you sold Alice, one down and one to go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back