Oct 5, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Want To Buy One
Exp
3 weeks
Hi
Having been campers and caravanners in the past we have now decided a MH is the next step.

Three weeks ago we hired one and did a tour of France to try it out and see if we liked it.

Well, we did, and met many other MH owners..

Now we want to buy one.

The one we hired had a fixed bed and four belted seats and we liked that layout.

It was a Swift Escape 664 and we realise that is a fairly low key MH but it seemed OK to us.

We are now looking ideally for one that is about a year old.

It could also be a Bailey 745 which we were originally going to hire or one with a similar layout.

Please let me know if you are aware of anything.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, good luck with your search.:welc:

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Its really exciting looking for your first van, good luck (y)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
:welc:
Hope you find one soon
We have a bailey 740 love it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello
girl-waving-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Heads up for the Autograph 745, only pain is making up the dinette bed if there's more than two of you, hope you get a good van and welcome.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Welcome.

Don't just buy the first one you like without checking out others - as many as possible.

Sadly, but truly, many first time buyers change their first motorhome quite quickly after buying as they have seen something more suitable.

On the other hand, some get it right first time.

Do look around first.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
There is a nearly new van for sale due to unfortunate circumstance in classified section...

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Hi
Having been campers and caravanners in the past we have now decided a MH is the next step.

Three weeks ago we hired one and did a tour of France to try it out and see if we liked it.

Well, we did, and met many other MH owners..

Now we want to buy one.

The one we hired had a fixed bed and four belted seats and we liked that layout.

It was a Swift Escape 664 and we realise that is a fairly low key MH but it seemed OK to us.

We are now looking ideally for one that is about a year old.

It could also be a Bailey 745 which we were originally going to hire or one with a similar layout.

Please let me know if you are aware of anything.

Hi and welcome, one for sale below.

Broken Link Removed

(y)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Don't rush into buying a van, look, look & look again. There are a lot of different layouts available and you need to make sure you have the best one for you!
Imagine making the bed up every night for a month or more because you have managed to get a loooong holiday!
Some say-me included-that a fixed bed is a waste of space especially a short van, although you do get a garage then!
We have a 'drop down' bed over the cab seats and when it's in use the rest of the van is still useable.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Best bet would be to get yourself down to the NEC show that is starting very soon (later this week I think). You will be able to see all the various layouts and finishes available from all of the manufacturers. Give yourself a full day to look at least. Admittedly they will all be new vans on show but the one year old ones will be very similar. That will give you the info to widen your search.

I personally would recommend that you go for a mainland European built van rather than a British built one. To my mind the build quality is so much better. But that is a personal decision that only you can make once you have had a chance to see all of the options available to you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back