Looking to buy from a friend burnster a647, good deal or not?! (1 Viewer)

Emily

Free Member
Aug 7, 2016
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie.
I'm a complete newbie to motorhomes but we are looking to buy one to follow my husband around the country doing his hobbies. We have two dogs, no children, but would want the flexibility to take two more passengers. It is likely to be used around 2 or 3 weekends a month, 8 months of the year. with the potential for longer trips around Europe.

A friend of my husbands has offered to sell us his old motorhome. It's a burster a647. Around 20,000 miles. 55 reg. He has offered it to us for £21k. We don't know if this is a good deal or not, I can't find many for sale on the Internet. He was the second owner.

I think because it is so big I would likely need to take a test to get a c1 added to my licence but my husband would be fine. Any idea how easy these are to pass/recommendations for schools I could do over weekends?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
There's a lot to be said for knowing the history of a vehicle and if your friend is trustworthy, that's worth a lot, but don't buy it just cos it's "convenient"
Does the layout suit you, have you room to park it ? As the weight is over 3500 kgs, you will as you say maybe have to upgrade your license depending on your age and entitlement. I don't know offhand how much that will cost but to upgrade to a trailer license costs around £600, and that needs adding on to the purchase price. The price doesn't seem too unreasonable, good luck with your search.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Emily

Out of interest, what are your hubby's hobbies that you're following him around for?

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Would say that's the correct price for a private sale, mileage is low, check if timing belt has been changed.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!