Looking to Buy E Bikes whilst Abroad (1 Viewer)

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
At present am in Italy, leaving to return in around a week through Switzerland and Belgium anyone any advice on E Bike bargains have seen the Swiz Flyer lovely but very expensive.

Jun 8, 2013
Taunton
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
4 years
Hi Sweet Chariot

Plenty of info on ebikes on forum but this link will give you prices of the Flyer in UK so you can compare prices
Broken Link Removed

Regards
John

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I would go for a Bosch powered bike!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
After much research, we just bought two Kalkoffs .. an Agattu Premium Impulse 11 for me, and Premium Impulse 8 with 26in wheels for Jan

They are Pedelecs .. assisted electric bikes.. not E bikes.. they do not have a hand throttle and they only 'go' when you pedal..

(an E Bike has a throttle and can go without peddling)

At almost £5k for two bikes it's a lot of dosh.. you could by a decent second hand car for less.. but we have been out nearly every day.. the miles fly past, the last afternoon trip we did 30 miles. they have given me back the legs of my youth..

Three power levels.. Eco, Sport and Power .. this gives theoretical ranges of 125miles, 85miles and 45 miles .. that of course will depend on many factors.. weight, type of terrain, how lazy you are, weather etc..

On Eco it is like having a gentle tail wind.. you still need to put in effort.. on sport it's like a strong wind.. less effort and you can cruise easily at 15mph.. Power mode is great for hills... it's as if they don't exist... A hill near home that we used to walk up with the old bikes, we sailed up at + 12mph .. how good is that..

Out all day and we never used even half the 17ah battery capacity .. I don't think we will ever use it all on one ride..

I love the Gates belt drive with no de-railer to keep clean , the hub gears are a joy to use.. the hydraulic brakes are progressive and powerful.. even when wet.. the lights are dynamo driven off the front hub, and very bright.. I have them on all the time..

too many other great features to mention.. read the specs here http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/activity/agattu_premium_impulse_11.html

IMG_0133.JPG

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
If you wish to pay sensible prices then look in Decathlon, my wife has the ebike which they sell for just over £500 or so and it has been very good with a range of around 25 miles using the battery all the time. I'm thinking about the man version which is around £700 as I struggle to keep up with her when it's windy. You can also buy them in the UK either at the stores or online.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
top of the range swiss flyer probably the nicest e bike I Have ever test ridden. But that was before the excellent Bosch performance drives arrived and its near half the price in a full susser...

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I posted elsewhere on this Forum.

Norauto, a car accessory firm with branches throughout France, sells electric bikes from about 200 euros upwards.

My wife's bike cost us £170, after conversion to sterling.

It has Shimano 7 speed dérailleur gear shift, with three levels of pedal assistance. The electrics are guaranteed for two years and the frame for life. The only down side side is that battery is lead acid, so quite heavy. Lithium battery models are available for a little more money.

Battery range is about 20 miles on full assist, more on the lower settings.

Her previous E bike cost us £995 in Britain and failed after five years. A cost of £200 per year. After five months of use the present one is going well.

Appears to be a no brainier to me.

I am aware that at least two Funsters have bought bikes from Norauto after reading my original post.

Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
After spending hours and hours reading forums, reading reviews and going to specsavers ( need new glasses after sitting in front of computer for hours ) There is so much to choose from, but be careful getting a throttle drive as you will/may not be road legal in EU as law is changing in January 2016.
We have narrowed it down to one model as we want to put bikes in garage when not in use. Only work as we pedal so legal in Spain. Problem is will need a loan to get them......
15_blueLABEL_Pony_nuvinci_orange (1).jpg

Now just have to find a dealer in Spain or travel to Germany in March and buy direct.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I posted elsewhere on this Forum.

Norauto, a car accessory firm with branches throughout France, sells electric bikes from about 200 euros upwards.

My wife's bike cost us £170, after conversion to sterling.

It has Shimano 7 speed dérailleur gear shift, with three levels of pedal assistance. The electrics are guaranteed for two years and the frame for life. The only down side side is that battery is lead acid, so quite heavy. Lithium battery models are available for a little more money.

Battery range is about 20 miles on full assist, more on the lower settings.

Her previous E bike cost us £995 in Britain and failed after five years. A cost of £200 per year. After five months of use the present one is going well.

Appears to be a no brainier to me.

I am aware that at least two Funsters have bought bikes from Norauto after reading my original post.

Good luck.
We are two who have bought these after your op(y), we bought two for around £500 for the two, can't fault them up to yet(y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back