Looking to build an internal bike rack (1 Viewer)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
We are getting our Globestar Revolution PVC next month and i’m looking to build a bike rack for the inside.
I found this idea on a german Globecar forum. Does anyone have ideas for a source for the aluminium extrusions and parts?
i found this site for the fork mounts
http://www.bikeinside.de/en/shop/bikeinside-bicycle-rack.html
Revolution Bike rack 1.png
Revolution Bike rack 2.png
Revolution Bike rack 3.png
Revolution Bike rack 4.png

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Yeah. 30mm may be a bit big. Built the racking on the right with 20mm . It's plenty strong enough. Those 2 bike supports are surplus to requirements cluttering up the garage if any use.
IMG_4708.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
@Chipster

Have pm'd you re the bike supports. I've been looking for some of those for a while.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks @gerry mcg

...sorry for crashing your thread

Yep - Radfiz. Hymer resell them as their bike rack solution. Should have explained - I've been looking for some 2nd hand ones for a while:)

Btw - a friend in mine has built quite a few things using those std aluminium extrusions. He uses sketchup (www.sketchup.com) to create a 3d model which then gives him all the exact dimensions of the pieces he needs. The suppliers will then cut them to size - it makes building them up quicker and easier as all the cuts will be accurate and deburred. I'll check with him to see which supplier he usually uses if you like?

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Thanks @gerry mcg

...sorry for crashing your thread

Yep - Radfiz. Hymer resell them as their bike rack solution. Should have explained - I've been looking for some 2nd hand ones for a while:)

Btw - a friend in mine has built quite a few things using those std aluminium extrusions. He uses sketchup (www.sketchup.com) to create a 3d model which then gives him all the exact dimensions of the pieces he needs. The suppliers will then cut them to size - it makes building them up quicker and easier as all the cuts will be accurate and deburred. I'll check with him to see which supplier he usually uses if you like?
that would be great... I suspect the longest sections are longer than 1m but i will have a play in my bike room and make a mock up to get rough dimensions as a guide

Feb 18, 2014
Ilfracombe, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SLS
Exp
I have used the Bosch Redroth tubing to make up the brackets for my Adrias garage. I liberated it from the company i worked for before i retired! We used to buy it from RS Components, easily cut with a hacksaw and deburred with a file.

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
photos of the new Radfazz bike rack for the inside of Tess, our Globecar 600L Revolution. Quite pleased with it. :)
IMG_4469.JPG
IMG_4471.JPG
IMG_4472.JPG
IMG_4473.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back