Looking for sight seeing route Calais to Agde (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
Going Agde beginning of may taking about 4 weeks touring down not on toll roads. Looking for a good scenic route with campsites and aires avoiding Paris

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Buy a map. If there is a green stripe down the side of a road, it is a scenic route. Bison Futee is also written on many road signs, also indicating a scenic route. The fun is in discovering for yourself.....surely.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Woodstock, (Woodstock, I love that town, I was born there:Smile:)

All we do is arm ourselves with the official Aires publication the CC book 1, and set off in a general direction. Even if we are silly enough to make plans, they always go astray. We'll meet someone on an aire that will tell us about somewhere nice they have just come from and that's us, plan changed.

Poodling along in France is really easy, there is an abundance of sites and aires even in high season, its a big place with few people, the roads are quiet, just go as you fancy, its really easy to do and you'll enjoy it more because of it.

IMO there is nothing worse than being stressed, lost looking for a pre-booked site, driving past interesting places because your late, slow down, take it as you find it, whereever you are, there is ALWAYS a campsite or aire within a few miles. Enjoy:thumb: Have a nice holiday

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Woodstock,

You are half way there already. You have a destination.

All you do now is just get your map out, and go from town to town avoiding the toll roads. It may take you longer, but you will have great fun avoiding them. If you dont feel confident enough to do so use a tom tom and just click avoid toll roads. But I always have a map and a map reader too.

Many funsters could show you a route, but the problem is, you will be having such a good time, see something, and then go off route.

Best to have nothing but a loose plan and enjoy. :thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Even with our 5ver we have no fixed plan when we go over we might have a destination but no fixed plan of route, as stated 'N' roads are best you see so much more apart from the confusing junction at Rouen most 'N' routes avoid town centres with a by pass of some sort

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Agree with the 'poodling' N roads and going off route, it always happens to us. :Doh:

We set off for South of France one year and after talking to other 'poodlers' at Stenay aire ended up in the Mosel valley in Germany, and we had a great holiday..

If you want to plan around Paris.. and I don't blame you, try Via Michelin to find a good route. Best by far :thumb: http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back