Looking For Our First Hymer

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Sharon Ebbs, May 30, 2015.

1. Sharon Ebbs

Sharon Ebbs

we are looking (again) for our first Hymer we need a fixed bed, shower, loo and storage can any one advice us on what model to look out for? we were looking @ the b694 but maybe thats a little big we're not sure. Any advice?

2. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

• Like Like x 1
  3. muddywellies

muddywellies

I recently got a Hymer, the baby excis. I am very pleased with it except for the "entertainment centre" in the middle of the dash which was proudly pointed out to me before buying. Biggest load of cr*&p I've ever come across. For an all-singing, all-dancing overpriced piece of kit I would ask for it to be removed if I ever had the chance. Here's why in my opinion. The sat nav did not allow the last 2 letters of any postcode to be entered, which meant it never got me where I wanted. The approach to turn countdown was in dark red, impossible to read during the day for me. The radio station presets didn't work like on any radio I had used previously during my 30 driving years, and in 2 books of instructions there were no details on how to memorise the presets. No usb to play my own tunes. In trying to load my own tunes i removed the memory SD card. Without warning it formatted the whole software!! I never used it again. Went to Halfords and they removed it, installed a lovely radio with usb, bluetooth all singing and dancing and sounds far superior. I also got a Garmin satnav that is far superior. Fully installed for half the quoted price. Happy man again. And the old system? Drop kicked in to a skip for all the good it was.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Vouty

Vouty

Keep an eye on Ikonic campers - straight up guy and good vans imported from the continent. He only deals in hymers so knows most of the layouts.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sharon Ebbs

Sharon Ebbs

Thanks for the links and advice I'll get on the net when I get on from work :)

6. minesapint

minesapint Read Only Funster

Hi Sharon, we are selling our Dethleffs T6611 Advantage Elegance, built by the same company that builds Hymer, it has fixed beds and lots of storage, hanging drobes and lockers etc with lots and lots of extras PLUS the legendary Dethleffs/Hymer build quality. See our advert on the Funsters motorhomes for sale tab. All the best minesapint

• Like Like x 1
  7. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Identify dealers and Available vans on mobile.de website? importing makes s lot of sense...
    I like the Exsis models, ther are now 12 to choose from. Narrower and lighter with good payloads.

8. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

If you are still thinking of full timing in your van then that size is probably what you would want, I would think the 544 and 584 Hymers would be to small to full time in , something the size do the 694 could be better. Good luck keep the questions coming.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

A friend of ours fulltimes and uses a smaller van but tows a trailer. Keeps cycles locked up out of site plus storage. Could use a traditional trailer or the French made ones which use the shopping trolley type set up. This where the wheels turn right around and you reverse just as if no trailer attached. Just a thought.

10. Hogan7777

Hogan7777 Read Only Funster

I have a B694 SL loads of storage 3 ltr engine more power than you would ever need. Plus 26 mpg. Stick with looking for a Hymer this is our 4 th.

11. Sharon Ebbs

Sharon Ebbs

100% want a hymer preferably one with an island bed but not sure which model has the island bed?

12. WAG2CRU

WAG2CRU Read Only Funster

Depends on your budget and consequently what year you are looking at.

B598 Has an Island bed but, is not on an alko chassis. We were tempted but in the end we opted for the French bed B654SL, Star Edition, with 3 litre engine and alko chassis the finish and specification is superb.