hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
I am on the trail of my next van, no rush just casual browsing, but can`t seem to find the layout I want in the size van I can afford to pay ferry charges for :Smile:.

At present I have a 7 metre low profile van, with a garage, a smalll seperate shower (which I CAN have a shower in ::bigsmile:), with a chassis that drives nicely.

The part I don`t like about it is the front dinette, which is worse than useless for any sort of loungeing. The TV is nicely fitted in a roof locker over the cab area so you need to sit in the dinette to watch tv, which results in a cricked neck before long. To move the tv would create problems with wire routing, cupboard door opening and fixing to the bathroom wall, so I am reluctant to do that.

What I need is a van with 2 sofas in the lounge area, so I can stretch out and watch telly much as I do at home. A friend had an Autocruise which had that layout, still with a large garage, albeit with a smaller washroom. The only critism I had with that van was the height of the floor from the ground.

Anyone got any ideas for a van that fits the bill without adding an extra metre, which will cost me even more on the ferry every time I want to get off this island. :Doh:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, know what you mean about being over 6m, or is 6.72m :RollEyes: We saw a nice Hymer A Class on our last trip to Germany, I cant think what the model number was. :Doh: But that had a garage with double bed over and at the front was just a lounge so only 2 berth and just under 6m.:thumb: the other option is a van conversion some of the layouts are really good for a small van but I find the hight inside a bit low.::bigsmile: You will have to get to a show and have a look.:winky::Smile: Bob.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

There is quite a varied selection of new and preowned vans available on my website, have a browse you might get some ideas.

Thought IOW residents got a discount on the ferries but is that for cars only?

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi Hailman
Autocruise starblazer LL
Eldiss autostratus rg/ compass castaway rg (same thing/different badge)
Autotrail cheyenne 696g

They're three off the top of my head, i'm sure there are plenty of others :thumb:

cheers....nige

OP
OP
H

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thought IOW residents got a discount on the ferries but is that for cars only?

Peter

So they tell me! ::bigsmile: It doesn`t seem that way when you want to pop away for the weekend on the spur of the moment and the ferry companies decide they want up to £160 for the priviledge (7m van), puts a bitter taste in your mouth I can tell you. I would love an 8mtr `A` class but I begrudge giving them any more than I have to. :Angry: What makes it worse is the fact that despite our `discount/concession` one ferry company offers travel and 5 nights camp site fees to visitors for a lot less!

Don`t get me started! ::bigsmile:

I will browse your site, thanks and thanks for the other suggestions too. :thumb:

OP
OP
H

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi Hailman
Autocruise starblazer LL
Eldiss autostratus rg/ compass castaway rg (same thing/different badge)
Autotrail cheyenne 696g

They're three off the top of my head, i'm sure there are plenty of others :thumb:

cheers....nige

Thanks for that.

Mmmm, nothing German in there then. :Smile:

I was also thinking of finding something `fully winterised` as `er indoors gets cold feet :Doh: and underfloor heating sounds very appealing.

Oh yeh, she don`t like `them big bumps over the cab` either, so got to be a low profile or `A` class I reckon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back