Looking for my first MH

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by 555, May 14, 2012.

1. 555

555 Read Only Funster

Hi All

Help needed, I am looking for my first MH. Needs to fully kitted out for wild camping, toilet, shower ect.

But it also needs to have at least 3 fully belted seats for travelling. Me, wife and child seat.

I have a budget of no more than £5000.

Any suggestions on make / models I should be looking at?

Thanks

Andrew

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Have a look at www.preloved.co.uk Just searched within your budget and 500+ listed..
    Also ebay..

Dealers may not be a good place as i'm sure most will be selling higher priced and newer vehicles..

Good luck. :thumb:

3. Phill D

Phill D

welcome, you may need to be prepared to do a bit of DIY / self repairs:thumb: to get what you want

4. Drew

Drew Funster

5. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

You might struggle to find a MH with belted rear seats at that price point.:Sad:

If this is the case, you could consider getting a front row double passenger seat from an equivalent commercial van from a breaker's yard.

6. 555

555 Read Only Funster

Hi

Really looking for models that I should be looking at, eg Mitsubushi L300 with Frankia conversion.

Once I have list of choices I can then start the search.

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You won't get that list. No-one works like that. There is no such thing as A Bad or A Good motorhome. There are so many variations of interior. It's down to person choice.

Once they are getting on a bit it's all down to how well they have been looked after.

8. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

welcome firstly

Welcome firstly.

I think Brian post above mine... sums it up... it is not a case of lists. Takes a lot of us a few years to find the right motorhome. The right one will come along, but you may have to look at a lot of vehicles.

The issue of the child seat (or third belted seat) will be the issue I think. Price? well there are bargains out there, but then there are a lot of less than good vehicles. you will need to do a lot of checking when you see a vehicle. Mechanical as well as the interior ... while most things can be sorted, you do need to know a lot more about what meets your personal requirements. I would suggest you visit a few motorhome shows... OK most will be outside your budget, but you will then get some ideas.

Motorhomes tend to hold a residual price unless they are very poor condition to start with.

We wish you luck in your hunt.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard.

9. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

sorry Andrew but your dreaming if you expect to find a fully kitted out motorhome in good condition, ready to go with aditional seatbelts suited to a child seat all for a £5000 budget. there are some home converted vans about that sort of price, which would meet your needs. or your talking 20+ years old and that was before rear seatbelts became the norm. just do a search of EBay to see for yourself
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...c0.m1539&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=4,000&_udhi=5,000

good luck though