Looking for info please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by the stig, Dec 9, 2013.

1. the stig

the stig Funster

A friend of ours (and a potential new member of MHF) is looking to buy a motorhome, they have been caravanners for many years but due to medical issues they believe the way forward (especially as she will be driving) is to change over to a motorhome.
    the question she is asking is:

"We have seen a motorhome we like. It is a Bessacar E450 Fiat, 2286, diesel, two berth, fixed bed. Does anyone have any positive or negative views on this type? I am posting this for advice from anyone who knows more than we do."

So if any of you kindly funsters can shed any light on this make and model I will pass the info back and I know the couple will be eternally grateful.

thank you in advance!

love n hugs
    Andrea
    x

2. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

The one thing we did not like about many fixed beds (and also drop down ones) is that they run across the motorhome. that means that one person has to climb over the other (and wake them up) to get out in the middle of the night for a call of nature. Becomes an increasingly important consideration with age!!

Having said that we liked the idea of fixed beds (no bed making) and so ended up with fixed single beds. The disadvantage is that makes for a longer motorhome.

• Like Like x 2
  3. the stig

the stig Funster

bump :shout:

4. simbadog

simbadog Funster

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

If used depending on year, make sure the floor has been sorted for damp and rot.

Peter

6. Yorick

Yorick Funster

But always a good excuse for a cheeky feel :Wink:

• Like Like x 2
  7. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

As Peter says it does depend on age as some models did have floor problems.
    We have an Bessacarr E450 2011 and we love it, feel free to pm if you need any questions answered.:thumb:

It is 4 berth if it is the 450 but only 2 seat belts so no passengers if it is a late model.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  8. landscaper

landscaper Funster

Cant comment on that model but have a Bessacarr 795 (07) and abs love it - had since new and it was one of the best decision that we have made.

9. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Bed

In my view, fixed bed is the way to go - so comfortable and no messing about etc at the start and end of the day. Great storage underneath it too.

Russell

10. sedge

sedge Funster

We had a Bessacar E425 and loved it, apart from the fact that the bed was accessed up a ladder and when you have to get up several times a night for the loo, and if you left the ladder attached it covered the bathroom door, so you had to remove it to get in there, then put it back all without putting the light on ..... so we slept with the bathroom door open. But then it's high summer and there was nowhere to empty the cassette yesterday ..... you get the picture. Fantastically comfy bed on the luton and always had really good sleep in it.

I have no idea if it's still for sale, but here it is. http://www.hayesleisure.co.uk/used-motorhome-bessacarr-e425-motorhome-50

So we swapped it for a fixed bed model, which we had initially completely discounted because they ARE a waste of space.

The habitation area carpets are rolled up on the luton bed in these pics and we left the washing up bowl as it took us a long time to find a decent one that fitted in the sink and it didn't fit the new van!

The E450 looks a good layout for 2 people.

11. Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt Funster Life Member

:BigGrin:
    I quite like the one climbing over the other bit. (OOPS done it again)

12. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Not at our age. Nowadays I have to give 2 weeks notice and get permission in triplicate.

• Like Like x 1