Looking For Info On Pilote P680 (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
We're considering a 2010 Pilote Reference P680 but have the suspicion that the payload figure may be a bit low. We haven't found any data on this van online and the dealership is closed today so wondered if anyone has one of these or some technical data. The version we are looking at is the French bed one with the large external access door.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The below relates to a 2011 model so would probably be similar/the same as a 2010 version:

Broken Link Removed

At a stated 395kg payload it is woefully low!

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for that. I believe that was for the transverse bed model (LGR) I think the French bed model is an LPR. Probably not a lot difference. I have seen some figures on a French website which suggested (if my translation is correct) that the payload may be 345kg!!
I've seen the spec for other Pilote models and some state the payload (MIRO) as not including the driver! I wonder what else it doesn't include?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
I have a 2013 Pilote Reference P716 and the payload quoted by both Manufacturer and Dealer must have been snatched from thin air or someone's worked it out on the back of a fag packet.

We have just about enough payload when fully loaded for holidays, two adults and one dog, but as it's supposed to be a five berth vehicle then three extra occupants would take it well over the 3500kgs.

The P680 is a few inches shorter than ours but the interior looks almost identical except we have a drop down bed which takes up some of the payload.

The only way to tell a payload, on a Pilote or any other Motorhome, is to get it weighed and that's what I'd suggest you do

:france::france::france:

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I've just checked my Autocruise figures. Quoted MIRO is 2771kg. When I took it to the weighbridge just after I bought it I got 2800kg so it looks like Autocruise got it right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back