Looking for ideas for overnight location near Poole? (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Morning funsters

I'm looking for some overnight ideas to park up near Poole.

MoHo is going in for some tlc at Essanjay in a couple of weeks, and we're planing on going down the night before and overnighting before dropping MoHo off and then spending the day on Brownsea.

Wild camping, C&CC sites/CSs, any suggestions welcomed :thanks2:

I spotted the NT car park near Corfe Castle - anyone know if you can overnight there?

Jamie

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Essanjay will allow you to overnight on their forecourt if you are having work carried out by them. Give them a call as a matter of courtesy, we have not had any problems. There is a MacDonalds nearby, but it is a bit of a walk into the town centre.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You can overnight in the Thistle Hotel Car park on Poole Quay or in the Car Park at the other end of the Quay.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jamieBG
Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Thanks for the tip Brisey, but we're after somewhere with some views, some water, or some countryside to sup our wine as the sun goes down. I'm sure Essanjay's forecourt is lovely, and useful to know for the future in case I need to overnight, but I think Sharon wouldn't be too impressed if I announced that was to be our overnight stay :winky:

Quay sounds good Peter. Thanks for the suggestion.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Park up at Essanjay, Take your wine across the road and sit by the river and watch the sun go down, or take a casual walk into Poole along the coastal path, plenty to do and eat in Poole.

Electric and water available from Essanjay so long as they know you are coming.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Thanks for the tip Brisey, but we're after somewhere with some views, some water, or some countryside to sup our wine as the sun goes down. I'm sure Essanjay's forecourt is lovely, and useful to know for the future in case I need to overnight, but I think Sharon wouldn't be too impressed if I announced that was to be our overnight stay :winky:Quay sounds good Peter. Thanks for the suggestion.

Why not. It's free

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Check you can still overnight at Thistle hotel on Poole quay, they dont have the man standing in the cabin anymore, and they have a camera watching you pull in and time it when you go out, we got a parking fine for staying a little over our time, beaware!!

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
I have often seen vans overnighting in the car park across the road from Corfe Castle on the road that leads to the C&CC site. Not sure if there are any signs there.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Campsite near Poole

Have a look at South Lytchett Manor campsite. It is about 2 miles from Essanjays. Lovely campsite in the country, couple of good pubs within walking distance and close to the sea too. ::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I would get an estimate first for the above site and make sure you are sitting down:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back