Looking for Hymer S670 spares (1 Viewer)

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
The cutlery drawer has been falling apart and glued and taped to the point it really needs replacing.

You used to be able to buy parts to repair plastic kitchen drawer units from diy stores but nobody seems to sell them any more.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a repair kit or replacement drawer unit. I could also do with a new cutlery tray as this has been holed in one place but as this is a fairly narrow drawer this could be difficult to source.

Also looking to replace the plastic moulded side panels that hang down below the pull down bed.

Any ideas? I've surfed the internet but with no luck.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Hymer parts

The plastic parts that hang down at each end of the drop down bed are available from HymerUK in Preston but are very expensive - for some reason the brown colour is much more than white and the white take a stain quite easily!

I would be wary of having them posted as they are very flimsy when not attached to the bed.

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
One of the plastic bits at the side of our bed broke off after getting caught on something.
Since the break was clean along the line of the top bend I was able to refix it by boring through the square tube behind and bolting the plastic back in place.
Don't know if this will apply in your case.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
One of the plastic bits at the side of our bed broke off after getting caught on something.
Since the break was clean along the line of the top bend I was able to refix it by boring through the square tube behind and bolting the plastic back in place.
Don't know if this will apply in your case.

Great minds think alike, I have already done this on one side. Now that the other side has been broken by my darling daughter back in the spring :Cool: I feel it's time to replace them both, would just look tidier with new ones. Thanks for the suggestion though. :Smile:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
hi. have you tride HAMBELTON ENGINEERING ATPRESTON.they specialtise in restoring and repair of hymer m/homes.check there web site for tel no.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
The plastic parts that hang down at each end of the drop down bed are available from HymerUK in Preston but are very expensive - for some reason the brown colour is much more than white and the white take a stain quite easily!

I would be wary of having them posted as they are very flimsy when not attached to the bed.

Thanks for the info, I've emailed them and I'll let you know how we get on. Expect it will be a fiddly job to replace them. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back