Looking for Hymer model advice (1 Viewer)

Dec 15, 2011
Southwest Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Adria
Exp
Since 1996
We're looking to buy a used Hymer A Class, ideally 2008/2009-ish.

Maybe we're unusual, but we don't want a fixed bed - too much lost space, we think. But we would like one that has one of those drop down beds over the driving seats.

There's usually only the two of us, but we probably need at least an additional single bed occasionally for the family, so looking for 3-4 berth.

The only other thing that bothers us is vehicle length. Our current Lunar is 7 metres and we don't want anything that's longer than that. A bit shorter would be a bonus.

I've seen a B544 2007 on Brownhills website that fits the spec , but haven't seen anything newer. So I'm wondering if Hymer stopped making A class models without fixed beds after 2007?

Can anyone who knows about Hymers tell me if I'm wasting my time trying to find something newer than that 2007 544 that meets our spec? Or is there a model tucked away somewhere that we haven't found yet?

Any advice from those in the know would be really appreciated.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
We're looking to buy a used Hymer A Class, ideally 2008/2009-ish.

Maybe we're unusual, but we don't want a fixed bed - too much lost space, we think. But we would like one that has one of those drop down beds over the driving seats.

There's usually only the two of us, but we probably need at least an additional single bed occasionally for the family, so looking for 3-4 berth.

The only other thing that bothers us is vehicle length. Our current Lunar is 7 metres and we don't want anything that's longer than that. A bit shorter would be a bonus.

I've seen a B544 2007 on Brownhills website that fits the spec , but haven't seen anything newer. So I'm wondering if Hymer stopped making A class models without fixed beds after 2007?

Can anyone who knows about Hymers tell me if I'm wasting my time trying to find something newer than that 2007 544 that meets our spec? Or is there a model tucked away somewhere that we haven't found yet?

Any advice from those in the know would be really appreciated.

I bought a B544SL in 2007 and think it is ideal drop down bed at the front and wide single on the convertible settee. Hymer stopped making them shortly afterwards but reintroduced them this year because they were quite popular in the past and I think they realised they had made a mistake in ceasing production.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I've got a 2009 B504CL - only 5.99m long.
This has the drop down overcab bed and a fixed single bed over the garage at the back, there are 4 seatbelts. This and the 6.50metre 3/4 berth models are all still made, normally several at Brownhills.

Solaris1

Free Member
Aug 14, 2009
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
We have a 2007 B524SL which I think would tick all the boxes you mentioned. A fabulous drop down double in the cab, and a nice transverse single at the back which gives room for a good size garage below. Its 6.5 metres long (just fits on our driveway) and so well thought out in terms of space and fittings inside that all I have done is make a smaller table top as the original was huge.

They still make the model but the whole A class range was updated in 2010 I think with a slightly altered front windscreen which gives a bit more space in the drop down bed.

Watch out for the headlights, if you bust one they are over £600 each! and make sure you get all the ignition keys - a new one costs about £300.

This year I will go for an 80w solar panel and a set of uprated front springs as they tend to have a bit of a nose down attitude.

Hope this helps.

Stuart

OP
OP
X
Dec 15, 2011
Southwest Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Adria
Exp
Since 1996
Mirage alternative

Ever considered one of these? Mirage 6000u Motorhome 2007

2007 Mirage 6000u Motorhome Fiat Ducato 2.8L Turbo Diesel Manual Length: 22'4" (6.8m) Layout: End Lounge Height: 9'8"

Peter

It's a great specification for the price. Not sure about the build quality of newer Mirages. Sadly, you're just too far away this time of year for us to take a look on spec. But thanks for the suggestion.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back