Looking for help in Bristol - putting Back doors in a 1984 Merc 410 (1 Viewer)

MaddyL

Free Member
Sep 5, 2013
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 410 1984
Exp
Hi all,

I have a lovley 410 (can I upload photo's to this post?) and want to change the existing lower flap back door (gives access only to under-bed storage area) to full height double doors so we can access the main body of the van from the back.

Does anyone know who in Bristol could do this work and where to find some double doors?
All and any hints, tips and advice welcome.

Thanks

Maddy

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You need to Google for a body repair firm with the following in their advertising

The impossible we do at once
Miracals may take a day or two

That is a very very very big ask and most likely would run into many hundreds if not thousands of pounds:Eeek:
Finding good doors for such an age vehicle will be the biggest hurdle
then you have internal trim refit also
It can be done at a price though
Look up local horse box converters they may be able to fabricate something:thumb:
Geo

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Don't forget your weight loading too - to add the framework and doors which will increase the unladen weight which will reduce your pay load and depending on what it currently is, could well make you overloaded with just the bare basics. That is apart from the costs which Geo has outlined

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i would assume this is a panel van conversion almost certainly the mounting point will be there for doors just a case of finding a set of doors complete with hinges ripping out what every was fitted across the opening usually a glassfibre panel although it could be a frame and ally paneling a picture would help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back