Looking for cheap leccy razor for in van ? (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
YEP before you lot start I dont want a bic or anything ::bigsmile: Just a half decent razor that won't break the bank :winky:Only ever had Phillips and 1 remington in the past but they are starting around 40/50 quid --was trying to avoid that as it will live in the van rather than me forgeting to pack the Phillips then having to scrounge around for a bic type :winky: any ideas/ sugestions for one ?
thanks terry

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I've been using these razors for quite a few years now:
They are just about the cheapest thing you can get and run fine off a couple of rechargeable AA batteries for about a week.
I got fed up buying expensive rechargeable razors like PHilips and Braun as after about three years the batteries didn't seem to hold their charge very well. Its an expensive buiness if you have to replace a £120 razor after three years! These razors last just as long but cost a hell of a lot less and you've probably got rechargeable AA batteries and a recharger already.
They might take a minute more than a Philips to get a shave but they certainly get the old chin just as smooth.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Anyone tried a 15 / 20 quider from Hong Kong off eBay ?
Terry

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
YEP before you lot start I dont want a bic or anything ::bigsmile: Just a half decent razor that won't break the bank :winky:Only ever had Phillips and 1 remington in the past but they are starting around 40/50 quid --was trying to avoid that as it will live in the van rather than me forgeting to pack the Phillips then having to scrounge around for a bic type :winky: any ideas/ sugestions for one ?
thanks terry

Terry...I have always used Philps razors electric 1 hour charge..like this one
Link Removed

!B+tT9tw!mk~$(KGrHqZ,!k4Ez+12d-KqBN!hUdnJo!~~_12.JPG

.and I pay anything from £65 to £80+ postage to france...I love them.....I have had Braun and Reminton and chucked them in the bin or given them away...they don't seem to suit or shave me very well...

Well I was in Lidl about 6 weeks ago and saw these, look just like the philips ...I thought Mmmmm...should I try them...so I took the plunge what the hell...I paid 19 euros over here in France..(about £16.50)...and they was so good that same day I went back and purchased another one for spare...1 hour charge the same they look and shave just like a philips...3 year warranty...
At one time I used to buy spare replacement cutters and was paying £28 to £32 just for them then I stopped doing that ..:Doh:
Because of the one hour charge, I use a very small inverter in the motorhome...like this one
$(KGrHqF,!k0E4lP7)cZWBOM3nDbkRw~~0_12.JPG

I find the 8 hour recharge philips are ok BUT not for the van take to long to charge.
So this a link is to show you what they look like ...so keep your eyelids open in Lidls.

I am using mine now and saving the philps to see how long they last....(3 years warranty:RollEyes::winky::winky:::bigsmile:)

They are called silvercrest
Link Removed

Link Removed

:thumb::thumb:...Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Cheers Mel often seen them in both lidl and similar in Aldi.In no rush so may wait or try a decent looking one from HK or from a nice Chinese man :Smile:I am with you with Phillips, but I guess they will be made in China these days ::bigsmile:
I just got Ann a pair of UGG slippers ( £70 :Eeek::cry:) and where were they made ? Turns out not from Australia but from Vietnam :Smile:No wonder I am looking for a cheapo razor ::bigsmile:I feel ill :Doh:
Terry

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Bought one of these

From. when we started Motorhoming a few years ago, still going strong Batteries last about three weeks for me - two AA batteries. Simples.

Steve

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Bought one of these

From. when we started Motorhoming a few years ago, still going strong Batteries last about three weeks for me - two AA batteries. Simples.

Steve

I use to have one of those philips two wheel battery shavers about 35 to 40 years ago when I use to caravan..they used to be a bit more boxy then straight up and down not tapered at the bottom like yours..and yes they are good....but I do much prefer the 3 wheel rechargeable philishave....but yes I agree the two wheel are good:thumb:....I find the rechargeable batteries just seem to go on and on....I must have had 10 to 15+ philishave recharge shavers and never had a battery problem or any problem :thumb: ..except...the cutters getting blunt

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Cheers Mel often seen them in both lidl and similar in Aldi.In no rush so may wait or try a decent looking one from HK or from a nice Chinese man :Smile:I am with you with Phillips, but I guess they will be made in China these days ::bigsmile:
I just got Ann a pair of UGG slippers ( £70 :Eeek::cry:) and where were they made ? Turns out not from Australia but from Vietnam :Smile:No wonder I am looking for a cheapo razor ::bigsmile:I feel ill :Doh:
Terry

Terry ....I THOUGHT US YARKSHIRE FOLK WAS CAREFULL WITH OUR BRASS...£70 for slippers:Doh:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry ....I THOUGHT US YARKSHIRE FOLK WAS CAREFULL WITH OUR BRASS...£70 for slippers:Doh:

Tell me about it :Doh:-Nowt wrong with some off the market for a tenner :winky: I feel ill thinking about them :whatthe:
At least they have got me a little peace and in good books for a bit --shes now looking at Shearling leather coats at £500 plus :Eeek::Eeek: best bit is she never goes out further than into car or van :Doh:::bigsmile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back