Looking for cheap leccy razor for in van ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Terry, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Terry

Terry Funster

YEP before you lot start I dont want a bic or anything :BigGrin: Just a half decent razor that won't break the bank :Wink:Only ever had Phillips and 1 remington in the past but they are starting around 40/50 quid --was trying to avoid that as it will live in the van rather than me forgeting to pack the Phillips then having to scrounge around for a bic type :Wink: any ideas/ sugestions for one ?
    thanks terry

2. makems

makems Funster Life Member

I've been using these razors for quite a few years now:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4434335.htm
    They are just about the cheapest thing you can get and run fine off a couple of rechargeable AA batteries for about a week.
    I got fed up buying expensive rechargeable razors like PHilips and Braun as after about three years the batteries didn't seem to hold their charge very well. Its an expensive buiness if you have to replace a £120 razor after three years! These razors last just as long but cost a hell of a lot less and you've probably got rechargeable AA batteries and a recharger already.
    They might take a minute more than a Philips to get a shave but they certainly get the old chin just as smooth.

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I use a Phillips mains shaver at home and have a Phillips battery shaver for the van.

They are cheap enough and readily available.

4. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Sorry, I cant help..:Doh:

• Like Like x 1
  5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Any particular reason? :BigGrin:

6. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Gives me a rash, real men (me and Rangi) use one of these when we need to tidy things up..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Explains a lot :Rofl1:

8. Terry

Terry Funster

Anyone tried a 15 / 20 quider from Hong Kong off eBay ?
    Terry

9. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Terry...I have always used Philps razors electric 1 hour charge..like this one
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHILIPS-H...d=100033&prg=7839&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=200553394710&

[​IMG]

.and I pay anything from £65 to £80+ postage to france...I love them.....I have had Braun and Reminton and chucked them in the bin or given them away...they don't seem to suit or shave me very well...

Well I was in Lidl about 6 weeks ago and saw these, look just like the philips ...I thought Mmmmm...should I try them...so I took the plunge what the hell...I paid 19 euros over here in France..(about £16.50)...and they was so good that same day I went back and purchased another one for spare...1 hour charge the same they look and shave just like a philips...3 year warranty...
    At one time I used to buy spare replacement cutters and was paying £28 to £32 just for them then I stopped doing that ..:Doh:
    Because of the one hour charge, I use a very small inverter in the motorhome...like this one
    [​IMG]

I find the 8 hour recharge philips are ok BUT not for the van take to long to charge.
    So this a link is to show you what they look like ...so keep your eyelids open in Lidls.

I am using mine now and saving the philps to see how long they last....(3 years warranty:RollEyes::Wink::Wink::BigGrin:)

They are called silvercrest
    http://www.eireshop.ie/products/view/18193/SilvercrestMen’sRotaryRazor.html

[​IMG]

:thumb::thumb:...Mel

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Terry

Terry Funster

Cheers Mel often seen them in both lidl and similar in Aldi.In no rush so may wait or try a decent looking one from HK or from a nice Chinese man :Smile:I am with you with Phillips, but I guess they will be made in China these days :BigGrin:
    I just got Ann a pair of UGG slippers ( £70 :Eeek::cry:) and where were they made ? Turns out not from Australia but from Vietnam :Smile:No wonder I am looking for a cheapo razor :BigGrin:I feel ill :Doh:
    Terry

• Like Like x 1
  11. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

Bought one of these

[​IMG]

From Argos when we started Motorhoming a few years ago, still going strong Batteries last about three weeks for me - two AA batteries. Simples.

Steve

• Like Like x 1
  12. Heyupluv

I use to have one of those philips two wheel battery shavers about 35 to 40 years ago when I use to caravan..they used to be a bit more boxy then straight up and down not tapered at the bottom like yours..and yes they are good....but I do much prefer the 3 wheel rechargeable philishave....but yes I agree the two wheel are good:thumb:....I find the rechargeable batteries just seem to go on and on....I must have had 10 to 15+ philishave recharge shavers and never had a battery problem or any problem :thumb: ..except...the cutters getting blunt

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  13. Heyupluv

Terry ....I THOUGHT US YARKSHIRE FOLK WAS CAREFULL WITH OUR BRASS...£70 for slippers:Doh:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Terry

Terry Funster

Tell me about it :Doh:-Nowt wrong with some off the market for a tenner :Wink: I feel ill thinking about them :Eek!:
    At least they have got me a little peace and in good books for a bit --shes now looking at Shearling leather coats at £500 plus :Eeek::Eeek: best bit is she never goes out further than into car or van :Doh::BigGrin:
    terry

• Like Like x 1