Looking for advice on our first MH (1 Viewer)

drg68

Free Member
Aug 28, 2016
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hello All,

We have been looking around for a few months for our first motorhome having recently sold our 2 berth caravan. We want a van based vehicle for easy access to anywhere and have been mainly looking at Autosleeper Duettos & Symbols.
With a budget of around £20k we are looking for a vehicle from 2002-2006 approx.
We enjoy various outdoor activities (Hill Walking, Climbing, Mountain Biking etc), so though storage may be a bit tight on these, but still undecided.
We just looked at an Adria Twin based on the Fiat Ducatto, which had heaps more storage for only a slightly bigger vehicle. Do any of you have any experience with this model of a similar age and your thoughts good and bad?

Are there any common problems with any of the 3 base vehicles mentioned for the age range we are looking at?

Many Thanks,
Dave

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
:HelloThere:
First bit of advice has to be its well worth the £15 to join here. I bet you'll save that a few times over!
If you're going for a smaller van I'd say just make sure it's got enough internal space for number of occupants, especially if you're inside on a rainy day and enough storage / carrying space for your outdoor activity gear.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
:hiya2: & :welcome3::):)

Make sure any MH you choose has adequate payload for your needs. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Can't answer your question, but
welcome animated smiley.gif

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
The lack of storage space and payload will really be noticeable moving from a caravan and tow car. Do your homework and look carefully at the payload and don't go off brochure figures - get it on a weighbridge.

OP
OP
D

drg68

Free Member
Aug 28, 2016
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Thanks for the warm welcome and advice so far :)
Seems like a friendly and useful forum, so I have just signed up!

...does anyone have any feedback (experience of ownership) on the 3 models mentioned? It would be great to know what people think first hand.
Should I post the question in another more relevant category rather than here?
Many thanks :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Why not also consider a compact low profile coachbuit?
We wouldn't be without a garage in which to secure our expensive mountain bikes, inflatable canoe and skis.
A Hymer Van or Burstner Travel van has a small footprint but offers more space, more water capacity and better winterisation for those windswept hills. I think they should be close to your budget, they have been around for a while.
Don't be afraid of having a coachbuilt in your 40s, we were firmly in our 30s when we bought our first!

maxresdefault.jpg

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for the warm welcome and advice so far :)
Seems like a friendly and useful forum, so I have just signed up!

...does anyone have any feedback (experience of ownership) on the 3 models mentioned? It would be great to know what people think first hand.
Should I post the question in another more relevant category rather than here?
Many thanks :)
there are specific parts of the forum for specific makes of motorhomes,, but i would say as you just joined , maybe post in the beginners section :)
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/forums/the-beginner.72/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back