Looking for a tablet

Discussion in 'Computers' started by tofo, Dec 6, 2013.

1. tofo

tofo Funster

2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

I am a Nexus 7 (first generation) owner and very happy. But the Aldi looks to have a great spec for a great price. Not sure it has GPS though which would be a shame if you could not use it as a Satnav

Steve

4. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

I bought a very similar one in Dubai, though 9 inch and a slightly higher processor at 1.5ghz.

I must admit im a nexus 7 fan and bought mum one last yr for xmas but this 9 inch is a none known brand but got lots of functions. We bought 3 and are all happy with them brand name or not.

5. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

Not sure about the Lydl tablet, but today I bought the Nook hd+ for Jas my daughter for xmas, it did have very good reviews :thumb:
    Fingers crossed:Smile:

6. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

How does a 1.5ghz processor beat a 1.6ghz quad core job?

D.

• Like Like x 1
  7. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Im not too tech minded, though thought the one on offer was a 1.2...oops

8. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

I always wanted a top notch fully winterised van with sat dome and all the bells and whistles.However I ended up with an 8 year old Auto Trail ! :Doh:
    Thank god I got it right first time when it comes to tablets, IPad every time :thumb:

Vlad

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Good budget option

Novatech (UK company) have just launched their own tablet for under £80 & good spec & getting great reviews. We have always bought their desktops before, well priced & great aftersales. I would be tempted but already have a Galaxy Tab 2 which is very handy for travel.

10. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Tesco Hudl

This is a Which? Best Buy tablet & just come back into stock. It can be bought with £60 Tesco Clubcard vouchers as part of their Clubcard Boost offer & accessories are reasonable too so might be worth a look...

11. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

12. automedon

automedon Read Only Funster

Motorhome Vacs

Looking for a Motorhome Vac that has 1300v power/suction,(can suck a cat up at 10 paces) easy to clean out, light to handle even with arthritic hands/fingers, works off normal 13amp socket and has a superb long length of cable? visit your local LAKELAND shop, they sell a range of 2 or 3 for as little as £39.95 up to £69.95.We have had one now for 2yrs.use it both for the stairs at home (this is where the long cable comes in handy)& in the motorhome when we go off on our travels (handy for sucking up wasps and flies) Good luck.:Smile:

13. automedon

automedon Read Only Funster

Tablets' for The Aged'

Visit Amazon, click on Tablets and have a look at their 'bog standard' model for the silly price of £40.00. We did, not knowing a thing about them, we were fed up humping our laptop around. The grandkids soon sorted us out with a few easy to follow lessons (even wrote them down Doh) and off we went to France. And sure enough, it did everything we wanted it to, on some sites we had to stick close to the Reception area to pick up the internet (you must ask them for their Password etc.) but that apart we have been pleased with this little Tablet ( 7inch) known as THE ANDROID.We then ordered and received a case for it with inbuilt keyboard for the low price of £6.95, again from Amazon.The tablet arrives complete with Charger and full instructions (hope you can read Chinese) in about 10 days time. Enjoy:Smile:

14. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

With very great difficulty !

• Like Like x 1
  15. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Dawn wanted a tablet but as she has an android phone it wasn't a good idea to go the apple route (I'm a confirmed fanboy). So after a bit of a look, I got a nexus 10 direct from google where it is cheaper than anywhere else. Basic 16gb wifi but it is a very impressive bit of kit.

Avoided the budget ones due to support and also battery life etc. she has had it 2 days only and really likes it. Recommended