looking for a site near Papworth hospital (1 Viewer)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
does anyone have a recommendation for a site near to Papworth hospital please? I need to go into hospital for a few days and need somewhere local for the wife and dogs to wait in the van.
previously we have stayed at cherry hinton caravan club site, 11 miles away and huntingdon boat haven about 5 miles away. just wondering if theres anything nearer that you could recommend

critically it needs to be dog friendly and if possible have a shower block as we dont like using the shower in the van when its cold out because of condensation. oh and ehu as i need medical equipment running all night when i am there

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
I can only find

Crystal Lakes Caravan Park
Low Rd
Fenstanton
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire
PE28 9HU
Tel: 01480 497728

also 5 miles away but does look to be an excellent site.

Good luck with both site and health.

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
thanks Phil, much appreciated:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
we know Crystal Lakes ----it would suit you quite well --good shower block--god dog walking and EHU------------------------they have a boot sale there on Sundays (don't know if they have them during the winter ??)
Good Luck at Papworth
Nigel & Pamala

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hope all goes well at Papworth and make sure the other half can log into fun as us funsters are here if anything is needed

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
When you drive into hospital grounds, on yer right side there is a car park, drive into the carpark, at the bend park in space that says "patients", park with your door facing the grass, should find some lumps of wood in the hedgerow to level up. best time to get up there after ten at night after all the visiting times, or very early in the morning When Gel was there for a couple days last year stayed there with the dog, plenty of walks for the dog, alas no wifi, but a good tv reception.
Or try St. Neots C&CC about 9 miles up the road.

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thankyou for all the wishes re hospital visit, I'm getting to be a frequent visitor as I get older so not worried about undergoing yet more tests. Hopefully its as productive as previous visits to Papworth, when I got answers to symptoms that local doctors seemed to feel were connected to pre-existing problems following a bad car smash years ago. the treatment i have received has given me a renewed lease of life

Crystal lakes sounds very good, thankyou I will look them up and take a good look. not so certain about parking up in the hospital grounds for more than a single night. its not so easy with 3 dogs, plus when i am in the van the night before going into hospital, there's no hookup to power my ventilator or oxygen concentrator. thankyou for the suggestion though:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Good luck with your treatment , hope you are soon sorted :thumb:

aldenise

Free Member
Jun 26, 2010
Cleethorpes. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki
Exp
5 years
does anyone have a recommendation for a site near to Papworth hospital please? I need to go into hospital for a few days and need somewhere local for the wife and dogs to wait in the van.
previously we have stayed at cherry hinton caravan club site, 11 miles away and huntingdon boat haven about 5 miles away. just wondering if theres anything nearer that you could recommend

critically it needs to be dog friendly and if possible have a shower block as we dont like using the shower in the van when its cold out because of condensation. oh and ehu as i need medical equipment running all night when i am there
we stopped at a pub 7.5 miles away from papworth hospital £5 a night £5 if you want electric

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
When you drive into hospital grounds, on yer right side there is a car park, drive into the carpark, at the bend park in space that says "patients", park with your door facing the grass, should find some lumps of wood in the hedgerow to level up. best time to get up there after ten at night after all the visiting times, or very early in the morning When Gel was there for a couple days last year stayed there with the dog, plenty of walks for the dog, alas no wifi, but a good tv reception.
Or try St. Neots C&CC about 9 miles up the road.

I Know it's not a lot of help..(as we are in France) I do hope you find a good solution for parking and good luck on your health..I can sympathize with you and your family... Chris the wife has just come out of hospital...with a good result ..... the two tumors Chris had... the tumors was attached to the kidney so when they removed the kidney they removed the tumors....the results has come back a few days ago.. Chris is cancer clear, that is another big worry over with stroke Chris had in April / May last year...I must say the health service over here is very good and no waiting...

But when Chris was in admitted into the Hospital in Saints mid France...I asked the Doctor was it Ok to park and stay in the car park....he said no problem at all,.(in French of course).. we also have a dog... and later on that week another two motorhomes pulled in and parked in the hospital car park...
(Oh by the way ...there was no parking chargers)...
So maybe if you asked the hospital if it would be possible for you to park your Motorhome in the Hospital grounds for your wife and dog ...
All the best:thumb::thumb: .......the only problem is the showers and the EHP

Last edited:

aldenise

Free Member
Jun 26, 2010
Cleethorpes. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki
Exp
5 years
crystal lakes

I can only find

Crystal Lakes Caravan Park
Low Rd
Fenstanton
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire
PE28 9HU
Tel: 01480 497728

also 5 miles away but does look to be an excellent site.

Good luck with both site and health.
we went to the boot sale a couple of weeks ago most of it was flooded only two stalls on boot sale

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back