Looking for a new table (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We have an Autoquest 155 2011 range. The fixings to keep the table legs closed have come off and is now at the point it is annoying me too much. Could do with tips on how to sort it out or a link to a replacement table. It is 880 x 560 x 18 mm . Thanks.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We bought a foldup one from poundstretcher
with a woodgrain top that match the wood interior we can use it in or outside or fold up out of the way when we want more leg room
when relaxing we found our van table took up
too much room .

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@gordoncbrown
What bit do you mean Gordon? I have a 155 (2014) and the table legs remain 'crossed' when you fold it up because they are held in the fold-up position by a nylon cleat which is fixed to the underside of the table. Is this what you mean is broken? Or is it the 'stays' that keep the table rigid an therefore upright?

James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
@gordoncbrown
What bit do you mean Gordon? I have a 155 (2014) and the table legs remain 'crossed' when you fold it up because they are held in the fold-up position by a nylon cleat which is fixed to the underside of the table. Is this what you mean is broken? Or is it the 'stays' that keep the table rigid an therefore upright?

James
It is the cleat that is gone and the previous owners replaced it with another device. Struggling to get a good fixing on the table though to mont it on as it has come off several times.

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
We found our folding table in the Lunar Roadstar too big to allow movement around so binned it and bought a top that matched decor, and fitted folding legs to it.
Smaller, same height and easier to move around it.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Mmmmm. I think the cleat is a standard pipe bracket that plumbers use to fix copper tube to walls. It's only screwed on with a single screw too!

You could do one of two things; as the cleat only holds one of the legs, you could switch the cleat to the other leg position. OR, perhaps you could get a better fix by gluing a thin-ish piece of timber to the area where obtaining a fix is difficult. Use a plastic 'rawlplug', screw through the additional piece of timber and into the plug.

Not ideal, I know, but the tables are made from lightweight board and once the original screw fixing is compromised, it's a bugger to get a good fix.
Cheaper than buying a new table Gordon!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Mmmmm. I think the cleat is a standard pipe bracket that plumbers use to fix copper tube to walls. It's only screwed on with a single screw too!

You could do one of two things; as the cleat only holds one of the legs, you could switch the cleat to the other leg position. OR, perhaps you could get a better fix by gluing a thin-ish piece of timber to the area where obtaining a fix is difficult. Use a plastic 'rawlplug', screw through the additional piece of timber and into the plug.

Not ideal, I know, but the tables are made from lightweight board and once the original screw fixing is compromised, it's a bugger to get a good fix.
Cheaper than buying a new table Gordon!

Thanks. Might go with the idea of using a piece of ply. The precious owner has tried the different positions so I think ply sounds the best. I had been thinking of that and you have "reinforced" that for me ( pardon the pun. Thanks again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back