Looking for a Cavano camper

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Elite, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Elite

Elite Read Only Funster

Hi
    We are looking for a Cavano Hi-Top as we need the 4.8 Meter size if anyone spots on on their travells please let us know.

We have some family needs that require a van of this specification not in a hurry but ready to go if required.

Kind regards

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

They sell them here, not sure what models they have in

3. Elite

Elite Read Only Funster

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the tip the problem we have is we just purchased a roller 700 but parking is limited.

The reason for the Cavano is its 4.8 meters size and the extra two traveling belts, we have two teenagers with some problems and need a day van. Say to go to the seaside for the afternoon but found parking a big problem hence the car size vehicle.

We do not really want to go to 30K after just buying the 700 I guess we have some strange needs but our life is around the children anyway and the van could double as a car.

Regards
    Colin

4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

5. activecampers

activecampers Read Only Funster

Hi

We've got one :) Excellent choice I may add. For the record I help out the dealer at the NEC so, I guess, I'm the resident cavarno expert.

Someone who saw ours in Holland bought one and we bumped into them in Italy! And last week in the Peaks we saw one with the owner (they lived there).

If you have any questions let me know, and also take a look at our site as we have review and mod details on our site.

Anything you are particularly looking for? Budget? Be aware they seldom come up second hand and the dealer has a list of people so when he gets them they pretty much go!

So let me know any info you need.

PS - its cavarno :)

PPS - they also do an Ikon sport model which can be had "new" for much cheaper than cavarno. Cheaper made but very similar but if you only need a day van...?

PPS - SPeak to the boys at Roy Wood Transits - tell them Ryan said they'd be nice to you, and you'll get a full brochure and no sales pressure.

6. Elite

Elite Read Only Funster

Hi
    Thanks for the interest of everyone I think it may be difficult to find what we want in this particular model.

We did look at the Van in Reading very nice people to meet the price was ok we took for a short drive but I did not fancy the size engine and the five speed box I felt it was a little under powered.

Regards

7. moggyminor1966

moggyminor1966 Read Only Funster

Hi we have just put our Cavarno 2 up for sale as we want a slightly bigger one now but it is a great camper. Ours has the 115PS TD engine with 6 speed gearbox and it has plenty of power. Currently on Ebay item no. 330604237562. It can be viewed down in Somerset.

8. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I've a feeling the OP may already found one ..this thread is over a year old !

9. moggyminor1966

moggyminor1966 Read Only Funster

oops! my mistake just realised but perhaps there maybe others who are interested?

10. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

Holy necrotic thread-bashing Batman...........................:Eeek: