Looking for a campsite is South Spain (1 Viewer)

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
We're in Spain and are thinking of heading south towards Cabo de Gata and the Tarifa. We really want a small rural campsite where we can chill few a week or 2, think feild and a toilet block rather than privit hedge and gravel. There are plenty in France but we are struggling to find some in Spain. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Camping La Garrofa is on the beach in a cove two or three miles outside and to the west of Almeria city. Reasonably rustic and lovely setting, though whether rustic enough for what you are seeking I don't know?

It is in the ACSI discount scheme and charges €17 with hook-up. Bus stop outside the gate for going into the city.

If you can pitch on the front line you are looking out directly over the sea, and the water's edge is only a few steps away.

http://www.lagarrofa.com/

https://www.campingcard.co.uk/spain/andalusia/almeria/almeria/campsite-la-garrofa-113186/

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Cabo de Gata - Tarifa 200 miles apart?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hell - it was all open scrubland last time I was there, but it was OK cos as everyone knows all hire cars are 4WD ATVs .....

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We are sitting on the campsite at los escullos in Cabo de gata,
Only planned on staying a couple of nights, now here 8 days later !!.
Great pitches, happy hour every evening, and a really nice feel to the place. And as a bonus I realised I could pay with my camping cheques....only the second time I've been able to use them

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We're in El Palomar, just south of Valencia. We want to head to Cabo de Gata first, then down to Tarifa later.

Depending on how much you want to see the sea, the inland route to Tarifa via Granada has some amazing sights, like the surface of the moon in places. Granada and the Alhambra is worth a look. As is Ronda.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
We are sitting on the campsite at los escullos in Cabo de gata,
Only planned on staying a couple of nights, now here 8 days later !!.
Great pitches, happy hour every evening, and a really nice feel to the place. And as a bonus I realised I could pay with my camping cheques....only the second time I've been able to use them

Is Geoff the big ex police inspector still on site, he usually gets to know everyone in the bar, he has a caravan on site from September until May usually.

Last time we were there the site was being upgraded and the word was that the electricity was to be metered, is that the case?

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Is Geoff the big ex police inspector still on site, he usually gets to know everyone in the bar, he has a caravan on site from September until May usually.

Last time we were there the site was being upgraded and the word was that the electricity was to be metered, is that the case?
I've met him and I've never even being on the site. ;)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Great electric, and not a meter in sight. Also the pool area is having a major refit and should be open for Easter.
Yes Geoff is here as is Ken.
Happy hour in 2 hours and 58 mins.!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back