LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi, ours it the 584 not very different at all, nice size not to big, but very roomy inside because you use all the van (will you use the drop down bed) if you don't that would detract from the point of getting one but if you do use it then a really good practicle van.

What year is it you are looking at ours is a 2000 and still as good as it came out of the factory (except where I stupidly droped a pan on the work surfes) had a squeak a while back but found out that it was the step sprayed it a few times with WD 40.

The other thing with these vans is the good amount of storage space in them ours is the 2.8Td and we get 30pmg on motorways at 60 m,ph, good luck with it.

ps are you going to cheshire show, :Smile:

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Hi, ours it the 584 not very different at all, nice size not to big, but very roomy inside because you use all the van (will you use the drop down bed) if you don't that would detract from the point of getting one but if you do use it then a really good practicle van.

What year is it you are looking at ours is a 2000 and still as good as it came out of the factory (except where I stupidly droped a pan on the work surfes) had a squeak a while back but found out that it was the step sprayed it a few times with WD 40.

The other thing with these vans is the good amount of storage space in them ours is the 2.8Td and we get 30pmg on motorways at 60 m,ph, good luck with it.

ps are you going to cheshire show, :Smile:

its a 2001 and sorry we not going to the cheshire show:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

toodrunktofunk

Free Member
Jun 14, 2010
manchester
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
8 years
hymer layout

I've owned my 544 for 4 years now and had no problems with it.ours is the maxi chassi 4 ton .we like the layout having a front lounge with 2 long settees down both sides gives us lots of seating space.we've looked at lots of different layouts over the years but for us this is by far the best.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Heyleylulu,

We can't comment on the B544, but we can confirm good build quality and reliability with that year of Hymer. Ours is an E690, which although is too big for some, it's an ideal layout for us, and having seen the latest models in the factory showroom in Germany, there is not another layout that comes close to what we would want.

Obviously B544 owners are your best source of info, but you are looking at a great marque.

All the best in your search for the right one.

Best regards,

Jock & Rita.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We have had our2002 Hymer B584 2 years and love it
We have done 2, 4-5 week continental trips in it and found nothing at all that we would want to change.

Very roomy and comfy 2.8 ducato 28mpg
(heavy foot, the wife could do better)

Before we got ours we went to loads of shows, went round the camping areas and asked B544/584 owners, what they thought of them and how long had they owned them.
They all loved them and some had owned them 10 years+

Hengist (that what it,s called) is just great!:thumb::thumb:

Happy Daze

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back