Look out - more Kiwis coming you way (1 Viewer)

Checkingout

Free Member
Mar 12, 2017
Australia
Funster No
MH
Blucamp Sky 25S
Exp
Hi to all soon to be fellow motorhome enthusiasts.

We are a couple of Kiwis landing Rome 17 June and picking up a new 2018 BlueSky 25S campervan, and travelling Europe for about two years.

We look forward to lots of fun, and adventures, and meeting a lot of new people and hope we can find a good source of advice on this forum. There is so much to learn and know and thanks to you all for sharing your experience.

Thanks
Alan and Ruth

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
G-day Mate... Grab a tinny and pull a burger orft the Barby..

Oh!!!!!!!!!! *hit wrong country.... ah well...

Welcome anyway.. w2f

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome
a new 2018 camper!!!! It's not been built yet?!!
Enjoy your travels!

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Only two years,well you might see some of Italy then,enjoy and post regularly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Checkingout

Checkingout

Free Member
Mar 12, 2017
Australia
Funster No
MH
Blucamp Sky 25S
Exp
Thanks for your lovely welcoming messages. The camper is being built May/June but they say it is the first run of the 2018 model and we are picking up in Genola? Seems a little strange but who are we to argue after all, when in Rome..... We were pleasantly surprised at the reasonable cost of a new van there - way cheaper than NZ or Australia.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welcome4: to Fun, the best motorhome forum going, full of info about all things motorhome, touring and a lot more besides. You only get 5 posts as a non subscriber but you can read to your hearts content, pay the subs and you can have your say as well. :active:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Registered in Italy. ...thats a first on this forum.
Most European purchases are bought in France or Germany

OP
OP
Checkingout

Checkingout

Free Member
Mar 12, 2017
Australia
Funster No
MH
Blucamp Sky 25S
Exp
No actually registered in France and bought through a French co, who are setting up a structure for us to own and insure the camper through. It just happens that we are landing in Rome and the main dealer is in Italy so we can pick it up straight from the dealer which is great as we can get straight into travelling.

I have been doing lots of interesting research into the Schengen zone restrictions as I have an EU (Irish) passport but my wife has a NZ passport and several sources say we can only spend 3 months out every 6 months in the Schengen area. Other sources tell me that we both have free right of travel and movement through and around all of the member states as long as we don't spend more than 3 months at a time in any one country and this seems to be 100% backed up the EU Directive 2004/38. I presume there are lots of forum members with UK passports and non EU partners/spouses who want to spend more than 3 months at a stretch travelling through Schengen? Do any of you get any hassles from the border guards about this or grief from any airline staff?

OP
OP
Checkingout

Checkingout

Free Member
Mar 12, 2017
Australia
Funster No
MH
Blucamp Sky 25S
Exp
OK I was close - a Blucamp Sky 25S - that should Google a lot better. We really wanted the island bed setup and something with a reasonable amount of room as we will be living in it for a while. This one seems to tick the boxes we were looking for. Here is a link to the 2013 model which looks very similar in layout to the one we are getting.

Dec 31, 2016
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
2015 Burstner Ixeo Time
Exp
2 years
Hello Allan and Ruth we are a couple of Kiwis about to do the same as you, Most interested in your findings on Italian build's.
We are considering a German purchase, and a have had difficulties with insurance as well. My wife has EU Irish passport
and I NZ only. We will be in Europe late June. France would be more convenient to make a purchase Can you share with us
your French contact.

John and Colleen

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

OP
OP
Checkingout

Checkingout

Free Member
Mar 12, 2017
Australia
Funster No
MH
Blucamp Sky 25S
Exp
Hello Allan and Ruth we are a couple of Kiwis about to do the same as you, Most interested in your findings on Italian build's.
We are considering a German purchase, and a have had difficulties with insurance as well. My wife has EU Irish passport
and I NZ only. We will be in Europe late June. France would be more convenient to make a purchase Can you share with us
your French contact.

John and Colleen

Hi guys, sounds like you are in exactly the same position as us but we may be a little more advanced now in terms of purchase. We have been dealing with Phil from Euro Camping Cars, who has been fantastic in spite of me being very demanding and wanting everything under the sun and a bit more besides. His email is phill@francemotorhomehire.com. Let him know I referred you and he might throw in some more extras into our van. :D I chatted with some of his past Kiwi/Aussie clients before going with him and all were extremely complimentary of him and his service. He must be a good salesman though as we had no intention of buying a new van but the lower than expected pricing, being able to choose exactly what we wanted, and convenience (being able to turn up and pick up the van from Italy, without traipsing around dealers for weeks) made it a bit of a no brainer for us. It ties up a bit more capital for a bit longer but I believe ultimately it won't cost too much more than a late model used van.

OP
OP
Checkingout

Checkingout

Free Member
Mar 12, 2017
Australia
Funster No
MH
Blucamp Sky 25S
Exp
your French contact.

John and Colleen
Hi Guys, I wonder how you got on talking with Phil? We are both on a three month countdown now. Very exciting eh.

Dec 31, 2016
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
2015 Burstner Ixeo Time
Exp
2 years
Allan and Ruth

A very worthwhile contact, maybe you can PM me thru here
because I don't know how and I can give some more details.

Cheers

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back