Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
How do most of you funsters stay in Zarhora for all the winter.Our travel insurance only let's us go for 100 days. I read that you go over in November and are just coming back now.that's way over the 100 days?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
How do most of you funsters stay in Zarhora for all the winter.Our travel insurance only let's us go for 100 days. I read that you go over in November and are just coming back now.that's way over the 100 days?

Maybe they have a different policy to yours?

Mine allows me 60 days away and if I need more I just phone them and get another 60 days...

JJ

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
As JJ says. ..

or like me, (excluding European 365 break down and vehicle insurance) .. we never ever bought travel insurance .. but then again, I doubt it is available for full time travel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time

We got a CC quote for £200 each for travel insurance but then had to phone with health details. Quote then increased by £550 for me alone we never got around to a quote for Joan.

SIMPLY TO EXPENSIVE.

We have been in Spain for 5 months now, heading back at the end of April. We have not needed health insurance and from other who live fulltime on site the EHIC card is sufficient in Spain.

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
What travel insurance cover are you concerned about having?

Health? Theft of possessions?

It might help us to advise if we knew exactly what you wanted to cover and why.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Our van and possessions are covered but have travel insurance for 100 days per trip, have to be in the uk when taking the policy out so couldnt continue the policy from abroad, Tez is 66 and has an agreed condition but couldnt find one for longer, might need one coming up this winter when we have tasted the delights of travelling abroad, might get the bug as it looks a lot of you have:roflmto:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
EHIC card is all well and good and have had occasion to use it but very worryingly it does not cover repatriation should you be hospitalised or badly injured so would always consider additional health insurance.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
EHIC card is all well and good and have had occasion to use it but very worryingly it does not cover repatriation should you be hospitalised or badly injured so would always consider additional health insurance.

My breakdown cover will get me my motorhome back if we are not able to drive ourselves. We have no rush so would get treatment here, until fit to travel. Site fees are as cheap as a UK CL. If I am too stiff to travel them leave me here.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Do any of you leave a property empty when away and if you do what about your insurance?

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We dont have a property in the uk anyway so dont have that to worry about and we have full timing insurance for the van from comfort.:Smile:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Yes you have to be in the UK when you take out your insurance but you can extend it while you are away - you aren't taking out a new policy. I had to do that last year as we stayed longer than anticipated.:Smile:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yes you have to be in the UK when you take out your insurance but you can extend it while you are away - you aren't taking out a new policy. I had to do that last year as we stayed longer than anticipated.:Smile:

Thanks for that I didnt realise you could do that, will keep that in mind if we decide to stay longer over there, this time or winter time.

:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back