Long term stay near Weston Super Mare

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by oaktree11, Oct 2, 2015.

1. oaktree11

oaktree11 Funster

Hi all, I am not sure if this is the correct forum but I am looking for some help finding a reasonably priced location to stay on for an extended period (3 -4 months?) near to Weston.
    We have sold our house and are looking for one in the Weston area but it's not happening as fast as we hoped. We will be out of house and home in mid November and one fallback would be to live in our MH for a while.
    The site that we have been staying on is £22 per night but it's incredibly convenient for the odd few nights being 300m from my daughters house!
    A static 'van might be a solution too.
    Any help/suggestions/knowledge welcome
    John

2. Dave K

Dave K Funster

Hi John
    I'm not much help I'm afraid but it might be also worth looking at Burnham On Sea or Brean, they are well populated with sites and static caravan sites which would only be a short drive from Weston Super Mare, I'm not sure how many stay open past the end of October but might well be worth using Google and having a search
    Good luck
    Dave

3. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

I guess there's no room for you to park up on your daughter's driveway? It would be perfectly legal as long as you are using it along with the house - in other words, you should also use the house for SOMEthing - bath/shower, cooking, watching TV etc would all work.

4. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

Have you tried searchforsites.com maybe something .there is a cl site or two about or maybe a flat ? Depends what your requirements are

5. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/
    My find summat on here. I know there's a few small sites around here-just can't remember names sorry,but I'm sure we found some on that site when we were in same boat.
    Luckily we didn't need one in end.

6. homercostello

homercostello Funster

try Weston super mare afc football club its a mcc cl but they never asked for membership cards when we stayed there. I know they cater for longer term stayers 10 pounds per night with electric.
    Also the rugby club has a cl of 20 pitches not sure of the nightly fee.
    Jeff

7. oaktree11

oaktree11 Funster

Thanks for all the replies. Daughter's house is just not possible but a good idea. We are going down for 3 days tomorrow to view properties and try to get some options.
    Just out of interest for those of you who frequent this are, my daughter lives in Links Rd, Uphill which is the quieter extension to W-S-M. Her house is about 500m from the sea and the site we use is lovely, it's Uphill Boat Yard and has several hard standing pitches around an inland lake.
    John

• Like Like x 3