long term health/travel insurance

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by donna g, Feb 19, 2010.

1. donna g

donna g Read Only Funster

We're going to France for 4 months shortly and have, after loads of searching, taken out cover with EHIC Plus, which basically pays any extra non-refundable expenses on EHIC cover. This is because we couldn't find an affordable policy for longer, that also covered my 'mature' husband who has a few minor pre-existing conditions.

However, one of the conditions of the policy is that we have to have been UK residents for the 6 months prior to commencing the cover - so when we come back to get our MOT and then bugger off again, we won't fit that criteria.

Any suggestions from long term/full timers, as you guys are the only people who understand the problem with 90 day policies!! 90 days?? Blimey, thats like a long weekend!!!

Thank you!!! :Smile:

2. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

Surely even though you've been travelling in the previous 6 months you have still been a UK RESIDENT? You've only been on holiday and haven't lost your UK residency!

3. donna g

donna g Read Only Funster

mmm, true...
    any other companies that cover you for longer, without being prohibitively expensive??

4. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

Try insureandgo we're insured with them and we're away for 8 months! Can't remember how much it was. My other half has pre-existing medical conditions too so we have to pay an extra premium for him. I do it on-line but I have also spoken with them on the phone and found them very helpful.