Long stay insurance.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by oakeyfamily, Feb 28, 2010.

1. oakeyfamily

oakeyfamily Read Only Funster

Hi Guys & Gals,

Stell and I are about to embark on a trip to the USA to buy an RV, tour the states till December. If we finish all we want to see then we will ship the vehicle to the uk, if not we will continue after xmas. The point of this rambling is weneed long stay travel insurance. Can anyone recommend a company?

Jim Oakey

2. meltec

meltec Read Only Funster

Hi Jim,

Check out http://www.columbusdirect.com/

We have used them for extended stays in Canada, the last time was for 365 days in 2008. In fact the policy cover was for Worldwide and cost £501 for us both.

We chose I think single trip, but it may depend on your age on what is available. We were in our late 50's then.

Good luck

Alan Melville

3. Jackomet

Jackomet Read Only Funster

Don't tell them that when you go for your visa, we did and were then refused a visa of any kind., as we were planning to spend "too long" there. We are now on the "refused visa" list along side terrorist and criminals if we re-apply.
    BTW I held a muti-family life long visa as I had worked in USA on a number of occaisions, which was torn out after 9/11. Been to the states over 40 visits, counted for nothing.
    JK