bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I agree with JJ, and think possible in Portugal, without :winky: wild camping / free loading we found places to stay for €6 a night including electric water and wifi.:thumb: Bob.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
its is doable but it depends what your needs are i found portugal the cheapest regarding sites try pedro's at albufeira if the price is still the same 7.5 euro a night including leci water and wifi i also found the aires in portugal ok the 1 at lagos is good with free wifi as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
durhamahoy

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
ByPass Sapin,

Ha ha, good point. Should have said long term stop in Spain?
Compared to Pinkies adventure I feel a bit of a wet weekend

:Eeek:
Steve

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We overwintered in Spain last year. If you don't eat out often we managed (without doing without anything (i.e. wine, whisky etc) including deisel, site fees food n sundries on €1000 a month max. That is EUROS!!! :thumb:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Myself and my late partner Dawn did Spain for 3 and a half months in January/April 2009 and I don't think we spent quite that much a month!! The actual sum escapes me but I don't think we did that much but then it was 4 years ago deisel was a tad cheaper as were site fees etc..I reckon 800 a month is do-able no probs..

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
you can park but not camp. you need to read the instructions 08/v-74
its all there .it can be a nuisance educating the guardia but someone has to do it .
only been arrested once . that was soon after it was announced in 2008 . thanks to momo on here i had copies of the instructions . was released with an apology .
if your near valencia give mo a pm . she is a great m,homers friend .
hopefully see you soon mo.
only 23 days to boat time .

Alan - sorry to be a pain, but I've googled and can't find anything. Could you give me a link please for 08/v-74.

Thanks you!:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Very do-able !!!

I usually overwinter every year, I negotiate site fees, usually around 300 t0 350 Euros a month including leccy ! Avoid the big supermarkets, go for lidle or aldi ! Portugal is far nicer than Spain, as Ukbill said head for Pedro's, not sure if he is still there as no website:cry:, but there are plenty more !:thumb:
Get the Spain & Portugal aires book, lots of places in there at very reasonable or no cost ! The Orbitur chain of site do discounts for long stay wrinklies, good one at Sagres where you can also wildcamp ! been there, done it and got the T shirt !:Doh: hope this helps !:thumb:

Also , get yerself a leccy bike for the shopping !:Blush::Blush::Blush:

OP
OP
durhamahoy

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
HI,

Leccy bikes, funnily enough I was looking at them the other day (about £650 each).
Think it's going to be Portugal, love the area around Alvor/Portamao/Lagos

Can't thank people enough for taking time to reply

Steve

:thanks2:

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Alan - sorry to be a pain, but I've googled and can't find anything. Could you give me a link please for 08/v-74.

Thanks you!:thumb:

heres a bit of it Broken Link Removed
and herehttp://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/continental-touring/12807-spanish-laws-motorhomes-english-version.html
hope these help. i had probs finding them . but believe me they work . i carry them in english spanish and catalan
all thanks to momo.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
seems first one isnt working but the other one can be found on google . i,m useless on this thing . sorry.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Broken Link Removed
this is the original thread i believe .

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
cheap winter stays

Hi, there is a real good deal at a site on the Italian riviera at a place called Diano marina near San Remo. We just stayed there and from Oct 1st you can stay for 30 days at 100€, a real bargain. The weather is really good there too, it has a microclimate once you get over the mountains. Near to Monaco by local train 11€ return. I would return for a long stay here anytime.
The site is called OASI camping park and you can type its name onto google for details. Phil

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
sPAIN/pORTUGAL

Don't know from personal experience but why not stay in Portugal? Partner's daughter just back from 6 months away and kept returning to Portugal. Couldn't get over the friendliness of the people and how very cheap everything was. Plenty of free camping too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back