Long shot- A class silver screen wanted (1 Viewer)

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
As title says I am looking for a 2nd hand A class external screen as funds can't run to a new one. I know they are like rocking horse poo so if anyone has one thats needs a new home or sees one on their travels please please please let me know :)
I have /am looking on auction sites but to no avail. Van comfort seem best but too prcicy for me at the moment.

Thanks

Caroline

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Travelbug just a thought , have you telephoned the sellers of the screens as they do sell used screens from when folk exchange their vans and trade them in

:thumb:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
If anyone should find two A-class s/screens lurking in the shed - we're hunting for a set too! :Smile:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
After chatting to a guy on an Aire in France who made his own, I went down the same route. I managed to buy a internal cover of unknown fitment and modified it to suit. For the side screen I used metalic sunscreen cut up and sewed to fit. Total cost an evenings work and £22.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi TRAVELBUG 1 and STYCR Ring the "father" at SILVER SCREENS, he has 2nd hand ones in all the time, sensibly priced and in very good nick, all sent to you in a "carry bag". Thats where I got ours.. Good luck... Mitch..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Hi TRAVELBUG 1 and STYCR Ring the "father" at SILVER SCREENS, he has 2nd hand ones in all the time, sensibly priced and in very good nick, all sent to you in a "carry bag". Thats where I got ours.. Good luck... Mitch..

Got mine last year from same source, £75 excellent worth ringing the co.
    • Share this post on
    • Link RemovedTwitter
    • facebook.png
      Share this

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi Caroline, no silver screens but I have sufficient felt (white and a about 1/4" thick) to make up internal screens insulates extreemly well, enough to do your screen about £5 so cheap as chips.

OP
OP
Travelbug1

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
A class screen update

Ok,
So after a chat with the original silver screens people I have realised I am not going to easily find an external screen as all screens are made to an individual pattern and I have a German import that no-one here has ever dealt :cry:and it also doesn't have any rails like Hymers to attach a screen to SO I either make one - oh joy or next will try Van comfort as they do a new univeral fit as I am not keen on drilling and sticking rails on.
If anyone can help with sourcing fabric & telling me how to make one I shall be very happy.
The search will go and I will let you all know how we do........

Caroline

OP
OP
Travelbug1

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
Ok so after a very helpful chat with Van comfort, it looks like one of their universal A class screens as nothing else will fit, new or second hand unless I have lots of cash which I don't :cry:

I will check the piggy bank for funds....

Note to self, next time buy a less unusual van so its easier to get screens for or win the lottery, buy a new Frankia and get Polar to do some made to measure screens for me! :ROFLMAO:

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp

Got mine last year from same source, £75 excellent worth ringing the co.

and he will tell you NO as he told me at malvern show,, my wife was still stood there when he said to another buyer quote" in a norhern tone, if he can aford one of them he can pay the full price from the eu " so i woukd not bother :Angry::Angry:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I dont know if your sorted yet, but there was an A class silver screen on EBay last week when I was looking for one to fit my van (C class). It was cheap too as I remember, but not suited to what I wanted. Even if its slightly the wrong shape, you could easily re-sew the seams to make the angle right.

Alternatively get a set of universal internal screens and adjust to fit

An ultracheap way of doing internal screens is to buy silver foil type bubblewrap insulation and cut to make your own. Joins and edges just use the aluminium tape that you can buy to fit insulation. Would only come to about £20 including suckers to hold them on to the glass. Just made a set of these up myself to insulate the plastic windows in the van myself, and they work brilliantly and pack up small too

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have some silver screens for sale in classified to fit Hymer B584, 1998 to 2006, left hand door and right hand slide window.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Long shot- A class

hi ive seen silver screens for sale on mcc site there for an ffb a class there no is 01554750861..or mob 07977910404 ..hope this helps.they want 50.00. offer 30 u might get them.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back