Long queues at Eurotunnel security (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We drove all the way to Skegness once.........

........it was closed.
If it had been open you would have asked for your money back,,,i would not waste the diesel,,what a dump...

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
If it had been open you would have asked for your money back,,,i would not waste the diesel,,what a dump...
DISGUSTING!! Go at once, from this place to another place, and wash your mouth out with Lifebuoy Carbolicy Soap!! :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
OK - lets look at this logically

Italy or Skegness????

The Food

Italian Food
mangiare-italiano.jpg

Skegness Food
x354-q80.jpg

The People
People you might meet in Italy
1407450079_3.jpg

People you might meet in Skegness
Broken Link Removed

The Scenery
Italy

287-beautiful-italy.jpg

Skegness
oh_shit-759720.jpg

Fish on the beach in Italy
P3290332-001.jpg

Fish on the beach in Skegness
Broken Link Removed

No competition really

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
DISGUSTING!! Go at once, from this place to another place, and wash your mouth out with Lifebuoy Carbolicy Soap!! :eek:

Don't think i would find any soap in Skeggy,,,,,Has the Tide come in yet,,,,? BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

Italy or Skegness????

The Food

Italian Food
mangiare-italiano.jpg

Skegness Food
x354-q80.jpg

The People
1407450079_3.jpg

Broken Link Removed

The Scenery
Italy

287-beautiful-italy.jpg

Skegness
oh_shit-759720.jpg

P3290332-001.jpg

Broken Link Removed

No competition really

Italy or Skegness????

The Food

Italian Food
mangiare-italiano.jpg

Skegness Food
x354-q80.jpg

The People
1407450079_3.jpg

Broken Link Removed

The Scenery
Italy

287-beautiful-italy.jpg

Skegness
oh_shit-759720.jpg

P3290332-001.jpg

Broken Link Removed

No competition really

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
So So TRUE,,,So so funny,,,BUSBY.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
We came via the ferry last week and there NO CHECKS what so ever. ( Might go back next week to pick a few up !)

colyboy

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Skeggy.

Everyone you meet will speak English.
(y)(y)(y)(y)

?????? its been a while since you have been to skeggy mate ,its generally polish,Lithuanian,Latvian,Russian and some english , as for the Italians having the thinnest book in the world, i always thought that book was Tootles compassion for the eastern european immigrant :D:D:D:D:D:D

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Robert Clark..
I have just gone into "Emotional Overload!" Why oh why,did you put a photo of Sophia Loren out before the watershed ? It will take me until tomorrow dinner,to come down from the clouds.
Tea Bag
PS. If you have any more...... JUST POST THEM LOL 24/7

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Skeggy .... can't even park a motorhome there nowadays.

At the moment we are in Sorrento with views from the motorhome across the Bay of Naples to Vesuvius. Yesterday we went to Amalfi, tomorrow we are off on a boat trip to the Isle of Capri. Weather warmer and drier than Skeggy. Wine and food all better and cheaper.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Your right again, and it's just through a lack of education!! (y)
Put Skeggy and Italy side by side, and even such an anti-British resort person as yourself will see the sense of Yorkshire.....
Definitely lack of educashun - at least on somebody's part. Your Geography lesson should have learned you what that Skeggy is in Lincolnshire, as any ful no. Full of Sarth Yorkshr folk cum bank 'oliday though - trips week over from Sheffield. :D:D

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Definitely lack of educashun - at least on somebody's part. Your Geography lesson should have learned you what that Skeggy is in Lincolnshire, as any ful no. Full of Sarth Yorkshr folk cum bank 'oliday though - trips week over from Sheffield. :D:D
It's still a dump though!,

I would rather drive 2 hrs around to north Norfolk as did yesterday than the hour to skeggy, in fact when I was surfing I prefered to drive to north Devon, some better places up the coast but that was years ago

Andy

Blimey it's funny how these threads go off topic:whistle:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Skeggy is in Lincolnshire,
Yes, but only since the coastal erosion during the Pre-Cambrian period. Before that, the area known now as Skegness lay withing the geographical area we now know as Yorkshire, (county boundaries accepted). And so, who may be the ful now? :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Italy or Skegness????

The Food

Italian Food
mangiare-italiano.jpg

Skegness Food
x354-q80.jpg

The People
1407450079_3.jpg

Broken Link Removed

The Scenery
Italy

287-beautiful-italy.jpg

Skegness
oh_shit-759720.jpg

P3290332-001.jpg

Broken Link Removed

No competition really
You just confirmed my point Robert. Just look at those slum dwellings! Dear oh dear.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
And so, who may be the ful now? :)
Ah - sorry Tootles - I'd forgotten that history & geography only went as far as the Pre-Cambrian period when you were at school. I suppose anything after that was considered as current affairs & you had to read about it on the daily stone tablet. :(

I know how much you love the place so you will be pleased to know that while coastal erosion is removing great chunks of both Yorkshire & Norfolk, there are still miles of beach at Skeg when the tide goes out. (y) Only problem is, you need a good pair of binoculars to watch little Johnny paddling in the waves from your beach hut. :unsure:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'd forgotten that history & geography only went as far as the Pre-Cambrian period when you were at school.
Er, we are still in the Pre-Cambrian period...........:) Well, sort of. There are elements of it that returned during the Jurasic period, and they can still be seen evolving in cliffs that are still eroding.
Both what is now Yorkshire and Lincolnshire were once miles out into what we now have as the sea. Even some villages that were there during the Dark Ages are now about eight miles out to sea.

http://www.caitlingreen.org/2015/05/drowned-villages-of-lincolnshire.html

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
On a related note (related to Tootles last post - absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic :D), if anyone is interested in the modern Lincolnshire landscape, a mate of mine has just published a stunning book on the subject. http://www.greenploverbooks.co.uk/

Among his other talents, the author is an excellent musician & will hopefully be joining us on the Saturday at the Music & Mechanicals meet. I'm sure that signed copies can be made available.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
View attachment 98508

Queues back to check in at Calais
The far right queue with the coaches is preferred for Motorhomes and we went straight through at lunchtime. Quick interior check but didn't notice much of a delay than usual.

Also we noticed most people in cars came straight out of Checkin and joined those two lines rather than see what else was open. We found New Year much much busier than yesterday when almost all lines we back to Checkin.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Hi Tootles, Just read your narrative extolling the virtues and wonders of Skegness. I have decided to cancel my booking to France and spend a couple of months at and around Skegness. No need for Passport, vet bills for dog, ferry cost for MH and dog, seeing fair maidens in their see through pac a macs :Eeek:rather than naked young things on French beaches.
Proper chips rather than skinny pomme frites, battered haddock rather than oysters, no language difficulties although being from Essex they may have to write down what they are saying so I can read it!
Just to clarify, will the aires be free or cheap? can I park on the promenade? will the roads be deserted? is the diesel around 80p pl?
Just going to let OH know of my revised plans, I'm sure she will be delighted

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
OK I promise to visit Skeggie as soon as they make an Aire on the seafront with full facilities.:D
Hopefully it won't be in my lifetime, really why would I want to spend more in fuel to get there than it cost for a ferry crossing and the port is only 20 miles from me.

At the moment parked in a friends garden up in the hills in Spain about 30m north of Gibralter.:)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
ust read your narrative extolling the virtues and wonders of Skegness. I have decided to cancel my booking to France and spend a couple of months at and around Skegness.
A wise choice, Young Pete.....(y)
rather than naked young things on French beaches.
That will help your blood pressure problem, (but not your erectile dysfunction, I'm afraid). :(
ust to clarify, will the aires be free or cheap? can I park on the promenade? will the roads be deserted? is the diesel around 80p pl?
Yes, Yes, sort of, Yes.....just take that large drum and siphon pipe you usually carry. (y)
Just going to let OH know of my revised plans, I'm sure she will be delighted
Just tell her I will be there wearing my speedos mate, she will arrive before you get into first gear at home.......:):)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
A wise choice, Young Pete.....(y)

Just tell her I will be there wearing my speedos mate, she will arrive before you get into first gear at home.......:):)
Had word with OH, you almost won her over (1% in favour of Skeggy and 99% against)
However, having met you, she still thinks about you a lot. :h: She is asking if you could parade yourself in them at Bagwell? What with @old-mo as well in his mankini, she is all excited :devil:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
She is asking if you could parade yourself in them at Bagwell?
Will need a sack truck Pete, but tell her I'm up for it..............................................If she will wheel me around. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back