Sep 11, 2011
isle of man
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I,m a newbie
Hi There,

I am taking a trip to this years show staying Friday till Monday. This is a first for us and we don't really know what to expect.
Wondered if any funsters that have been in the past could offer any tips or info?

Thank you

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi There,

I am taking a trip to this years show staying Friday till Monday. This is a first for us and we don't really know what to expect.
Wondered if any funsters that have been in the past could offer any tips or info?

Thank you

Is this The Nationals ?

Been twice. Twice the winds were horrendous but still a brilliant show. Watching the helicopter tests, hover stationary in gales was just amazing. Watching the jet fighters even more amazing, they look like the real think, they sound like the real thing. They cost like the real thing in scale terms.

It's lovely watching young kids build planes and flying them in the hanger.

Lots of ways to ruin your CC and cash.

It's pretty much a free for all parking system, find a spot you like and park up. Choose the wrong spot and you could have half a mile or more to dump your poo.

OP
OP
L

Les and Elaine

Free Member
Sep 11, 2011
isle of man
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I,m a newbie
Thanks for the info!
Don't know if it's the nationals. We are travelling down to Harwich to get the ferry to Holland and thought a stop off at the airshow would be a great distraction.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks for the info!
Don't know if it's the nationals.

I should have looked at the BMFA site first, the one I was thinking about is in August and Barkston Heath.

Well !

So my brain's gone.

We all know this.

Sorry, nurse is here with medication, have to go now or she'll be cross.

Anyway, it will be much the same, the really keen flyers go to them all and you will seem some amazing sights.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
When we were at the 'Rutland Water Relocated to Long Marston Meet' last July we had the opportunity to see the model jets. Absolutely fantastic! Really nice crowd of enthusiasts showing off their toys. Weather permitting, you will thoroughly enjoy yourselves :Smile: Jane

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
showing off their toys. :Smile: Jane

"Toys" might not go down well, it's easy to put £10,000 into a "toy" jet.

The two that stick in my mind is a father/son double act with red arrows. They just look real.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back