LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Following a frantic search for an alternative venue for the Rutland Water RVOC/Fun meet last year, we ended up at Long Marston Airfield which turned out to be the perfect venue. The meet was enjoyed by all who attended and it was asked if it could be repeated in 2013.

It was our intention to hold another meet there this year, but after a lot of thought we have decided not to organise another, mainly due to health issues. These are being worked on and hopefully next year we will be more than capable of holding it again. Even though we have been offered a lot of help to organise and marshal one this year (for which we are eternally grateful), it has been a very difficult decision not to go ahead , but we know that at this moment in time it is the right decision.

Nigel and Pamala

<!-- / message -->

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thank you for the post, we were wondering if one would be held there, your health has to come first, hopefully next year could be on the cards.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
hope you are better soon
i note on another thread the air field owners have put up its prices more then double

shame really as it was a good venue last year

not sure ÂŁ10+ per night is good value as the basic facilities are quite ram-shackled
and that is putting it very politely
they should provide power for the toilets and meeting room at that sort of charge

shame greed shows its ugly head

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We hope the health problems are sorted quickly and not too serious , we too were looking forward to this event, but not at the cost of your health

Not sure about the cost rising as quoted they have, although the location was good but the buildings are very old and in need of repair, the emergency re-location was very worth any extra costs at the time but for the owners now to up them without any repairs etc being done does seem a bit over the top imho :winky:

We hope you are feeling better and that it is nothing too serious

Until next year... we are still looking forward to the meet here as we did have a great time with all the funsters

John n Kath x​

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hope you'll soon be fighting fit again. :Smile:

I missed last year's meet, had hoped to join in with this year's, but maybe next year will be third time lucky for me.

I'm sure Nix still remembers you both. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back