Long Marston 2013

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by Sundowners, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Following a frantic search for an alternative venue for the Rutland Water RVOC/Fun meet last year, we ended up at Long Marston Airfield which turned out to be the perfect venue. The meet was enjoyed by all who attended and it was asked if it could be repeated in 2013.

It was our intention to hold another meet there this year, but after a lot of thought we have decided not to organise another, mainly due to health issues. These are being worked on and hopefully next year we will be more than capable of holding it again. Even though we have been offered a lot of help to organise and marshal one this year (for which we are eternally grateful), it has been a very difficult decision not to go ahead , but we know that at this moment in time it is the right decision.

Nigel and Pamala

<!-- / message -->

• Like Like x 9
  2. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Thank you for the post, we were wondering if one would be held there, your health has to come first, hopefully next year could be on the cards.

3. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

hope you are better soon
    i note on another thread the air field owners have put up its prices more then double

shame really as it was a good venue last year

not sure £10+ per night is good value as the basic facilities are quite ram-shackled
    and that is putting it very politely
    they should provide power for the toilets and meeting room at that sort of charge

shame greed shows its ugly head

4. Gran & Rog

Gran & Rog Funster

So sorry to hear about your health problems, I know you will be missed by everyone. Hope your soon fit again

5. champers

champers Funster Life Member

We hope the health problems are sorted quickly and not too serious , we too were looking forward to this event, but not at the cost of your health

Not sure about the cost rising as quoted they have, although the location was good but the buildings are very old and in need of repair, the emergency re-location was very worth any extra costs at the time but for the owners now to up them without any repairs etc being done does seem a bit over the top imho :Wink:

We hope you are feeling better and that it is nothing too serious

Until next year... we are still looking forward to the meet here as we did have a great time with all the funsters

John n Kath x​

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

BUMP

7. maz

maz Funster

Hope you'll soon be fighting fit again. :Smile:

I missed last year's meet, had hoped to join in with this year's, but maybe next year will be third time lucky for me.

I'm sure Nix still remembers you both. :BigGrin: