London Emission Zone Petition (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Have you seen this Petition

Hi, I don't know if its been posted before but some of you may be interested

Link Removed

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
emissions

Thanks for signing Im glad Im doing a last push as the figures are going up
well done!!
I have a handwritten petition going as so many MCC members have not got computers and didnt want to be missed out.
Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Come on people make a difference

all signed, now come on everyone get signing before the 17th Oct deadline.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Signed, just need to sign the confirmation email tonight at home.

Jim

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
just signed Dave& Jen:thumb:

spider

Free Member
Mar 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
AClass
Exp
all done hope it works :Smile:

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Petition

All done, just to think that by going full time we thought we might be rid of Gordon the the highway robber!

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
HELP CHANGE THE LAW ON LOW EMISSION ZONE CHARGES FOR Motorhomes ACT BEFORE 17 OCT

Hi everyone

Please please please help others and help yourselves.

Braunston has put on a heading

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS PETITION

It is a genuine petition to Number 10 downing street from motorhome users etc
requesting the Motorhomes be exempt from the charge.

PLEASE look at Braunston's thread and sign the petition BEFORE 17 OCTOBER. It may not affect you now, but it could in the future.

To give an example as we live in London, in future, we will be expected to pay £200 LEZ charge PER DAY yes per day!!!! for the privilege of having a motorhome

All because we live within the LEZ.

REMEMBER THE LEZ STARTS IN LONDON BUT WILL SPREAD TO OTHER REGIONS

MANY THANKS EVERYONE FOR TAKING TIME TO READ THIS AND CONSIDER OUR REQUEST

xxxxxxxxxxx

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi already signed. I know how these things can spread. It seems to me that its the likes of Boris that you guys need to get shut of. Both him and Red Ken before him seem to have more authority than the government. To add insult to injury their getting paid a fortune to have a ball. Who paid for Boris to swan off to Beijing for the Olympic closing ceromony, how much did all that cost.

Why do you put up with it ?

Sorry, a bit off topic and a slight rant.
Cheers

Jim :Doh:

wills5138

Free Member
Apr 9, 2008
Nort West Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
I just signed it.
Does seem to me that the refusal to exempt Motorhomes initially was a spiteful act.
I enter the LEZ every day and I don't often see queues of motorhomes polluting the local environment. The only old diesel motorhome I have seen that may have been affected had Polish number plates!
Just remember to keep an eye on the TFL web site to ensure that your newer motorhome is not affected as I understand the rules will be changing as time goes by.

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
emission

Yes it goes on at the moment to 2020 so the new Motorhomes today might not comply by then!!!

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I just signed it.
Does seem to me that the refusal to exempt Motorhomes initially was a spiteful act.
I enter the LEZ every day and I don't often see queues of motorhomes polluting the local environment. The only old diesel motorhome I have seen that may have been affected had Polish number plates!
Just remember to keep an eye on the TFL web site to ensure that your newer motorhome is not affected as I understand the rules will be changing as time goes by.

Our 1990 diesel has really low emissions so I dont see why we should be penalised, just because the registration number shows our mh as NOT exempt.

The council MOT station always comments on the low emission reading on our car too, especially for its age, but we still pay about £200 in tax too.

Well done to all who have signed the petition

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Thanks to everyone who has signed the petition today, keep up the good work, and lets just hope xxxx

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
"To give an example as we live in London, in future, we will be expected to pay £200 LEZ charge PER DAY yes per day!!!! for the privilege of having a motorhome"

This statement is just a little alarmist in the way it is expressed and not in accord with my reading of the regulations.

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
emission

Euro I/II engines
Some Euro II and a few Euro I certified vehicles registered before 1 October 2001 may have sufficiently low particulate matter emissions that they will meet the Low Emission Zone (LEZ) emissions standards in 2008 without modification. However, these vehicles will not meet the higher Euro IV LEZ emissions standards in 2012 without modification

Euro II engines
Vehicles will only comply if they were registered before 1 October 2001 and have an engine manufactured by: Cummins, Daf, Detroit Diesel, Iveco, Isuzu Truck, Man, Mercedes, Renault, Scania, Volvo.
No other vehicles registered before 1 October 2001 will meet the LEZ emissions standards without modification.

This link is to VOSA hope it will help but seems to go round in circles :Blush:

Reduced Pollution Certificates and Low Emissions Certificates

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
emission

Euro I/II engines
Some Euro II and a few Euro I certified vehicles registered before 1 October 2001 may have sufficiently low particulate matter emissions that they will meet the Low Emission Zone (LEZ) emissions standards in 2008 without modification. However, these vehicles will not meet the higher Euro IV LEZ emissions standards in 2012 without modification

Euro II engines
Vehicles will only comply if they were registered before 1 October 2001 and have an engine manufactured by: Cummins, Daf, Detroit Diesel, Iveco, Isuzu Truck, Man, Mercedes, Renault, Scania, Volvo.
No other vehicles registered before 1 October 2001 will meet the LEZ emissions standards without modification.

This link is to VOSA hope it will help but seems to go round in circles :Blush:

Reduced Pollution Certificates and Low Emissions Certificates

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Worthy cause but seeing Have you seen this Petition

every time I log on to the forum makes me want to say YES, just one too many times:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

only 8 more days and it will go away.....................

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
[THAT'S why the should be exempt, these are our LEISURE vehicles, our symbols of freedom and independence we have worked all our lives the achieve!

Freedom that's gone from this country years ago when:cry::cry: our so called Lady Thatcher thought she ruled the world and then followed on by this bunch of slimey hypocrits>they probabally sorted out their camp before they introduced these rules.This government keeps on picking off minority groups,to fund their voting campaigns and their pockets.I have given my sig to the petition and hope many more follow ,but sadly I think the only way out of it with this not listening dictatorship government is to leave the country and leave them get on and look after the immigrants they so love. On another note went to London a cpl wks back so me and my wife could see Neil Young in concert,thought about taking the Motorhome and staying at a club site in Crystal Palace but was so confused and scared on getting a huge bill from Ken Livingston decided to leave it at home,and went by coach,how sad is that.:cry:

My thoughts exactly.

What with this and using taxpayer's money to bale out the financial system resulting in highrer taxes for all in the near future.:Angry:

If I had the chance I would be off like a shot.

Rose Royce

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
EPSOM
Funster No
This petition must be getting quite tatty now since it's been kicking around all year.
There have been numerous posts regarding it on many different forums (including this one) over the last year and still it doesn't seem that many people understand local vs national politics.
The LEZ is (was?) a product of the GLA and Ken (car hater) Livingstone. The right to introduce such measures was devolved to the GLA by Tony Bliar's government and is NOTHING to do with national government. Such a petition is a complete waste of time and if it had a million signatures it would still be ignored by TB's successor, Gordon Brown.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back