Logik TV

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by RogeTeri, May 20, 2013.

1. RogeTeri

RogeTeri

I have a Logik TV which is powered vis the mains with a 12v DC in. Is there a way I can adapt the connection to power it up from a 12v supply in the motorhome? I have looked for a cable from the supplier but they only seem to supply the mains cable - which makes me think it can't be done. Thanks

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

You can get 12v input leads but you have to make sure you get the polarity right, Maplins should have some or some of the sheds

Peter

3. G8WVW

G8WVW Read Only Funster

Yes is the answer.

Have Logik TV; just happened to have a cable with the right plug in a junk which works absolutely fine. Just make sure you have a fuse in there somewhere. Mine is 5A; wouldn't suggest anything larger.

Probably voiding the warranty doing this so if it breaks, don't let on it was powered by a 12V battery :)

Cheers.

4. RogeTeri

RogeTeri

Tried Malpins and another supplier but neither carry a 12v cable. I was wondering whether or not I could simply use the mains cable and simply put a cigarette plug on the end with the existing TV plug on the other? Would appreciate advice from any sparkles out there before I electrocute myself!

5. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Hi Roger,

If you are referring to the TV I saw in your MH whilst at P/boro, then yes, as I advised at the time, (and others have since confirmed), you can operate it directly from 12v.
    Take your 240v mains input connector to a TV repair shop, and they can either supply the same connector, or make up a 12v lead for you.

Good luck,

Jock. :Smile:

6. RogeTeri

RogeTeri

Hi Jock, no it's not the same one, that one is working fine. I'm packing up ready to go to Portugal. When I got to pack this TV I noticed that it is a 12v and was wondering if I could get it to work. As you know the TV in there is fixed in the living area and I thought I might fix this one in the rear bed area.

7. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Ah good. Glad to hear it Roger. :thumb:

Same again Roger, ie, if you can identify what type of plug fits the 12v input socket on the TV, you can make op a 12v lead for it. :Smile:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

8. ukbill

ukbill Funster

9. RogeTeri

RogeTeri

10. Mike Lawrence

Mike Lawrence Read Only Funster

Logik TV/DVD Combo

Hi Everyone!

The Logik range seem to be ideal for 12v use. I went to a Dixons/Curry's Digital store last year after refusing to spend extortionate amounts of money on a 'Motorhome' TV. I asked the young assistant for a 12v TV and was told they don't sell them. I knew that obviously, but when I explained about the power packs of most TVs being a lower voltage she happily rummaged around all the display units until she found one. To my delight, she announced that she had in stock an LED TV/DVD version with built-in Freeview which I could have for the same price (£130!).
    Add to that the fact that she included a 3 year accidental damage warranty in my package (in case it falls off the cupboard in your motorhome...) and all in the garden was rosy.
    I rummaged around at home until I found a defunct power pack with the same plug, made myself a 12v lead and then hard-wired it into the system. This gives me the option of having battery power when required and the supplied transformer if I ever take it out of the camper. Wall mounted it on a tilt/swivel flat screen mount so it folds back out of the way when travelling and job's a good 'un.

If anyone in the South Bucks area needs some help with this sort of thing I am happy to give advice/assistance. Might even be able to find you a plug in my vast supply of old power packs! :)

Cheers. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1