Locker Lights - Bessacarr E560 (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hi, had a couple of lights go, the courtesy lighht by the door and one of the locker lights over the bed. The courtesy light was a halogen capsule, sourced from local electrical shop no problem. The locker light is a halogen MR16 12v 10w closed dichroic.

Problem, I have only been able to source an open replacement, does it make any difference? There are plently of closed 20w available but the only 10w I could find is open.

I don't see that it makes a whole lot of difference, if you touch the glass of a closed bulb its very hot, the open bulb will just be a bit hotter.

Anyone any ideas?

Rgds
Bill

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
are you sure its 10w bill,
i cant find a 10w dichroic either.

cant see it making a lot of difference.

if its only on when you go in the locker why not fit a 20w to be safe.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

You can get the 10w from Maplins (sometimes as they don't always stock them) also if you search online there are a number of places that sell them, have a look at the link below (hope it works) we replaced ours with LCD's but the light is quiet a bit different,

I have tried to search on line for the reason for the difference e.g closed and open and all i can find is that they say the open ones should be used in closed luminaries,

hope that helps

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back