Locker Lights - Bessacarr E560

Discussion in 'Bessacarr' started by WillH, Nov 2, 2008.

1. WillH

WillH Funster

Hi, had a couple of lights go, the courtesy lighht by the door and one of the locker lights over the bed. The courtesy light was a halogen capsule, sourced from local electrical shop no problem. The locker light is a halogen MR16 12v 10w closed dichroic.

Problem, I have only been able to source an open replacement, does it make any difference? There are plently of closed 20w available but the only 10w I could find is open.

I don't see that it makes a whole lot of difference, if you touch the glass of a closed bulb its very hot, the open bulb will just be a bit hotter.

Anyone any ideas?

Rgds
    Bill

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

are you sure its 10w bill,
    i cant find a 10w dichroic either.

cant see it making a lot of difference.

if its only on when you go in the locker why not fit a 20w to be safe.

3. Braunston

Braunston Read Only Funster

Hi,

You can get the 10w from Maplins (sometimes as they don't always stock them) also if you search online there are a number of places that sell them, have a look at the link below (hope it works) we replaced ours with LCD's but the light is quiet a bit different,

I have tried to search on line for the reason for the difference e.g closed and open and all i can find is that they say the open ones should be used in closed luminaries,

hope that helps

MR16 12v 10w closed dichroic - Google Product Search

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008