freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
whilst i have been sorting out the damp problem i removed the plastic trim from the locker door frames, the bit on the inside of the locker opening and i coated all the bare wood work with the ronseal wet rot hardener.

i had noticed that some water had been getting in but it had got under the door seal which was not sealing correctly , i have a convertible car that every 3 months i clean and treat the rubber roof seals to stop any leaks,

in owning my van for just over 4 years i have only ever given the door seals a wipe with a damp cloth , i will now clean them and give them the same treatment as the car gets to keep them soft and supple hopefully aiding the sealing:Smile:

Last edited:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
whilst i have been sorting out the damp problem i removed the plastic trim from the locker door frames, the bit on the inside of the locker opening and i coated all the bare wood work with the ronseal wet rot hardener.

i had noticed that some water had been getting in but it had got under the door seal which was not sealing correctly , i have a convertible car that every 3 months i clean and [HI]treat the rubber roof seals to stop any leaks,[/HI]

in owning my van for just over 4 years i have only ever given the door seals a wipe with a damp cloth , i will no clean them and give them the same treatment as the car gets to keep the soft and supple hopefully aiding the sealing:Smile:

With what?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Chris, we had trouble with our last van garage door, and Mark CLS recommended this company : http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/

Very good and if you not sure what one you need they send samples of loads so you can try them. :thumb:

We had one with an extra lip on it, and that cured the problem. ::bigsmile: Bob.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Must admit never heard of them before but I Googled them and came up with this Broken Link Removed assume it is one of them - do you order direct or is it available in halfrauds etc . Wondering if it will be any good on slide out seals ??

OP
OP
F

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi Chris, we had trouble with our last van garage door, and Mark CLS recommended this company : http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/

Very good and if you not sure what one you need they send samples of loads so you can try them. :thumb:

We had one with an extra lip on it, and that cured the problem. ::bigsmile: Bob.

cheers
i have used this company before when i needed seals for the boat i had, great company and great service

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Must admit never heard of them before but I Googled them and came up with this Broken Link Removed assume it is one of them - do you order direct or is it available in halfrauds etc . Wondering if it will be any good on slide out seals ??

you can get of ebay but i bought mine from amazon and just ordered some more buy 4 pay for three:Smile:

i dont no about the slide out seals though

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back