Locker door seals

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by freelanderuk, Oct 4, 2013.

1. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

whilst i have been sorting out the damp problem i removed the plastic trim from the locker door frames, the bit on the inside of the locker opening and i coated all the bare wood work with the ronseal wet rot hardener.

i had noticed that some water had been getting in but it had got under the door seal which was not sealing correctly , i have a convertible car that every 3 months i clean and treat the rubber roof seals to stop any leaks,

in owning my van for just over 4 years i have only ever given the door seals a wipe with a damp cloth , i will now clean them and give them the same treatment as the car gets to keep them soft and supple hopefully aiding the sealing:Smile:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

With what?

3. freelanderuk

Einszett gummi pfledge Rejuvinator and cleaner:Smile:

4. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi Chris, we had trouble with our last van garage door, and Mark CLS recommended this company : http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/

Very good and if you not sure what one you need they send samples of loads so you can try them. :thumb:

We had one with an extra lip on it, and that cured the problem. :BigGrin: Bob.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Must admit never heard of them before but I Googled them and came up with this http://www.1zcarcare.com/door-seals-24-c.asp assume it is one of them - do you order direct or is it available in halfrauds etc . Wondering if it will be any good on slide out seals ??

6. freelanderuk

cheers
    i have used this company before when i needed seals for the boat i had, great company and great service

7. freelanderuk

you can get of ebay but i bought mine from amazon and just ordered some more buy 4 pay for three:Smile:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Einszett-Gu...&qid=1380896728&sr=8-1&keywords=gummi+pfledge

i dont no about the slide out seals though