freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
one of my locker doors is letting water in to the locker, this is not leaking threw the surround but water is getting over or under the door seal and causeing the carpet to be come wet , has any body had this problem and how did you cure.

cheers

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
are you 100% sure it's not comming fromn the surround? i had one of my under chassis lockers leak a little when it rained, through it was thru the door seal, but i eventually found it was a tiny air bubble in the mastic that was used to seal the frame to the body, of course it was at the top and it allowed water to sit on the top ledge and find it's way in.

mind i'm guessing you mean the thetford lockers doors, as they have double door seals, and i have one locker with a bent frame, i jacked the front end up to get level, forgetting the back end was over a kerb which it only just cleared, so as the front went up, the back end went down, and bent the bottom of the skirt slightl, and buckled the door a bit, so the centre hinge broke,

bit it dosent leak at all,

of course if you have another type of locker door, then the sealing arangement will be different... so check the door and frame for alignment.

also, is there anything above the locker???

i thought i had another leak when water was getting into the under chassis locker my hoover is in, but baffled as it was in summer and no rain for a while,

turns out i had a very very slight leak in one of the water pipes above the locker, and the water drained from the floor of the van into the locker thru a hole for wires that went thru the locker roof into the van.

OP
OP
F

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
its a new thetford number 4 door that i have replaced as the last one leaked as well its not leaking thru the frame as there is plenty of non setting mastic and its deffantly leaking thru the seal,near to the latch, nothing above only the bench seat

cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
hmmm, did the last one leak in the same place??

if so then there may be a fault with the design,

do you have to push one side harder than the other to get it to shut and latch both sides? wondering the the frame is bent, and the leaky side the seal is not contacting the frame properly,

<thinks> maybe dusting of chalk or something similar around the frame, then close the door and open it again, if chalk is left in place anywhere, that's where the seal isnt making contact,
not sure the way to test to see if a fridge seal is working all round will work with the contours of the frames, i.e. a strip of paper placed between frame and door and door shut, if paper can be pulled out, that's the weak spot, have to keep moving the paper along to test the whole seal length.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back