Loch Ness Monster spotting at Easter time. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I rise to the challenge....
>> Friendly English speaking locals
I work in Scotland a lot, north of Aberdeen I can't understand them and they can't understand me.

If you cannot understand Invernesians and they cannot understand you then I respectfully suggest that you get some elocution lessons. :winky::roflmto:

Indeed,
For many years English was taught as a second language in the Highlands .. hence they speak almost perfect Queens English ..

now if you had said Glasgow I would agree, I can hardly understand Jan.. and I was brought up in Ayrshire.. only 30 mls away.. :roflmto:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Well I love both places, although I tend to head south because the weather is better.

Getting back to the Point Haganap is trying to organize a great meet, and I wish him well!

Pat

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Getting back to the Point Haganap is trying to organize a great meet, and I wish him well!
Pat

Oh yes. And by chipping in, even a bit off topic, we are keeping the thread alive.

Similar flavour but not as far is Kielder. Another great wilderness, bit less hilly and lacking monsters, so take your own. Does have a famous wall nearby. Was it *really* to keep the Scots out or maybe to divert the Scottish weather ?

My long association with Scotland goes like this...

"Oh xxxx was wonderful, and look at this herd of deer on Glen Shee......."

"Huh, I'm at home and you're off in posh hotels enjoying yourself"

< Lots of men nodding knowingly >

"OK lets go and do Scotland"

And it rains and rains. Every time.

The last time, we did it by bike and came back and bought a MH. Then went back, did it again and got biking weather.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Wow what is it with my Forray in to differing UK countries that causes so much debate on here.:ROFLMAO:

So in short, hilldweller (Brian) , if you don't want to come thats fine, I promise it's unconditional, im sure Jim will not revoke your membership for not coming.

For the other's we are now up to 7 vans, and despite derekfaeberwick concerns about us all gaining an understanding (very strange comment from someone in Berwick:ROFLMAO:)/ We do have resident Scotts coming that will enable us to leave the translation dictionarys at home.

So as you can already see, it's going to be great fun so come along.

The highlands and above, the motorhome capital of Europe, (2nd only to France) :thumb: and the most undiscovered place in a MH, Thankyou lord:Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Wow what is it with my Forray in to differing UK countries that causes so much debate on here.:ROFLMAO:
So in short, hilldweller (Brian) , if you don't want to come thats fine,

A forum is a place for debating. Good innit !

I'd love to come, I've seen sights in Scotland to rival anything ( over a period of 30 years ), but we'll be about 2000 miles due south of you so not this time.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
gypsylady said:
Please put down the Simpsons, and Roxy for this meet.

We are Dave and June, not met up with any Funsters yet but keen to join in.

June
(Gypsylady)

I have added you to the meet June, look forward to meeting you.

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Paul,Nikki and boys ,can you add us to the list pls ,we will travel down with QE and Shaz and meet you where ever planned :Smile:

C U all soon

Ash & Lynn :thumb::thumb:

P.S can you bring them chocks with you that you said i could have ..cheers :thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
exxxceeelllent ash and lynn, look real forward to it, shall we have a quick ski if theres any snow? still getting mail from skiscotland with snow updates, still snow in Glencoe, surprisingly thats on route::bigsmile:

C.L.S

Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Paul have you an itinery planned for the Scottish bash :ROFLMAO:

Mark

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Paul have you an itinery planned for the Scottish bash :ROFLMAO:

Mark

yep sure do Mark. One day I will share it with ya:ROFLMAO:

however the likelyhood is the following, the itenery looks like this at present.

Loch ness site on Friday and Saturday night for some monster spotting and evening entertainment, if your still dressing up?

Sunday we will be travelling to the wonderful Welcome to Clachtoll Beach Campsite the quick way for a couple of nights. Beautiful place, not a lot going on, well other than the beauty but not much in the way of entertainment, so we will have to make our own :thumb: I feel the need for a patio heater though:Cool:

we will then go down to where-ever for we follow one of lifes great plans in that we have no plan:thumb: always saves any dissapointment, :ROFLMAO: but more likely is we head down through Westerross to Gairloch which once again is just a truly stunning place to be for a couple of nights.
Really other than Loch ness no real hard plans, I just know it will be a good laugh, great experience and of course some top quality touring.

As for getting to Loch Ness? not sure about that, we will be leaving on the Thursday pm and just driving north, not sure if you would like to meet at Loch Ness on the friday or join us for the run accross the border? entirely up to you, but we expect to wild camp on Thursday. Let me know whatever you decide, and if you want to come up to the Clachtoll beach site, or stay around Loch ness, both really nice and motorhome friendly. :thumb:

Last edited:

Ash

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
exxxceeelllent ash and lynn, look real forward to it, shall we have a quick ski if theres any snow? still getting mail from skiscotland with snow updates, still snow in Glencoe, surprisingly thats on route::bigsmile:

yes mate deffo ,I will leave my ski stuff it

Ash..

Last edited:
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
just in case you didn't get the PM

Hi everybody,
I have now finalised the details for the trip and spoken with Loch Ness camp site.

Deposits to Loch Ness are now due in the shape of £20. If you wish to remain at Loch ness, longer, you can do.
There are 8 vans attending this meet so far, some of us are of course going up to Clachtoll, and back through the beautiful Westeross area. if you wish to come up to the Clachtoll beach site can you please let me know asap as i have to sort deposits and numbers out for that too.

To book your Loch ness pitch please call 01320 351207
And please quote that you are with motorhomefun group.
I would apprieciate a PM to tell me you have paid your deposit to confirm no's. Someone has already paid? is it you? please let me know. ::bigsmile:
The bar on the Loch Ness site will be open and they do quality Bar meals if you wish to over endulge. There will be no easter egg hunt, but you are more than welcome to place all your eggs in one basket, MINE:thumb:

Plenty more space still if you want to join us. :thumb: you know it makes sense:winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
your camping fee negotiating skills havent worked then paul......its gone UP to £18 per night....:cry:

what the hell....i'v paid more for less. :thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp