Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So... We are now at Loch Lomond.. What a beautiful place:thumb:

We arrived a bit late to find somewhere out of the way, but decided to ask the folk in the tourist/info centre at the Duncan Mills memorial slipway if we could overnight in the car park.

Is it a motorhome the chap asked ?
Yes...
Och, no problem at all, welcome :thumb:

Tomorrow we will take a stroll round the Maid of the Loch, a paddle steamer that is slowly being renovated... It is a free thing ( which is nice ! :winky: ), before moving around the loch to find a nice spot

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Jaws

Pay a visit to Duck bay marina really lovely place and you can park up on the road outside no problem we have even overnight there. A nice walk round the ground of Cameron House and they have a private marina with cafe and bar with lovely views out over loch.

If you want a nice meal try inverbeg Inn just a few miles past Luss and if you drive just past it turn in for the gallery its with a wee walk round some pricey but stunning pictures.

Enjoy

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Keep a look out for Bob and Jane

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Many many happy childhood/teenage memories of YHA activities in that locality, unspoiled in those days and long long before Duck Bay Marina ........ enjoy your visit.

Regards Bryan

Xan

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new
Please keep the updates coming Jaws, we'll be there in about a weeks time in our first trip to Scotland.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Beer drinker 1. Is the guy to talk too he lived there for 20 years:thumb:

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
Beer drinker 1. Is the guy to talk too he lived there for 20 years:thumb:

I'm pretty sure Ken (beerdrinker 1) still lives in Luss which is on the Bonnie Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond
I won't give his address on here but pm him and if he's around I'm sure he will be pleased to see you.
Have a great time Jaws and keep the updates coming.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Our last trip to Loch Lomond saw us parked here by the Loch

7DahiQYigStHIqHGS5uYgWYCio3og83sIOz3voTT5KI=w276-h207-p-no

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
We'er of to Loch Lomond in November to Cameron House for a conferance, it's nice to hear of all the places to visit while we'er there. :thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welllllll.....
After a really lovely day at the loch we decided to move on agin.. Took a drive to Peebles but could not find any places of interest to spend a day around ( not saying there is no where, in fact I am sure there are lots of places :thumb: ) so move on to Jedburgh where we decided to stop at the c & c c site.
What an excellent site it is too.. The folk running it are the very best anyone could ask for, the site is spotless, the facilities perfect.

Tomorrow we are taking a walk up in to town to see the old jail fort and mooch round the town.... Apparently it is quite a step, so will proly be crippled by this time tomorrow :winky:

Oh.. Update on the Ovivo SIM card. Total fail at both places we stayed in Wales, but perfect in Lomond and not too shabby here at Jedburgh :thumb:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:Smile:Hi funsters,
Got great memories of Loch Lomond from last June :thumb: Really enjoyed the beauty of the placebefore moving on to Oban.
Word for those not been there before...some parts of the road on the west side can be quite narrow !! Watch those large HGV's:Eeek:

kiwicamper

Free Member
Jun 8, 2009
christchurch NZ
Funster No
MH
fully intergrated
Exp
since 2000
Make sure you visit Fort William and if possible take steam train to Mallaig.
Skye is well worth a visit,especially the CCCsite called Skye.Hard standing right on the loch shore.
At present on a Britstops not far from Inverness,visiting Fort Goeoge this morning then heading on up the coast towards John O Groats.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Make sure you visit Fort William and if possible take steam train to Mallaig.
Skye is well worth a visit,especially the CCCsite called Skye.Hard standing right on the loch shore.
At present on a Britstops not far from Inverness,visiting Fort Goeoge this morning then heading on up the coast towards John O Groats.

Get your fuel at Wick on the way up to JoG, as fuel is so much more expensive.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Welllllll.....
After a really lovely day at the loch we decided to move on agin.. Took a drive to Peebles but could not find any places of interest to spend a day around ( not saying there is no where, in fact I am sure there are lots of places :thumb: ) so move on to Jedburgh where we decided to stop at the c & c c site.
What an excellent site it is too.. The folk running it are the very best anyone could ask for, the site is spotless, the facilities perfect.

Tomorrow we are taking a walk up in to town to see the old jail fort and mooch round the town.... Apparently it is quite a step, so will proly be crippled by this time tomorrow :winky:

Oh.. Update on the Ovivo SIM card. Total fail at both places we stayed in Wales, but perfect in Lomond and not too shabby here at Jedburgh :thumb:

Hi, we visited Kelso, we stayed on the showground which isn't far from where you are a lovey town by a river very friendly town people they were great with Amanda

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We wild camped at the edge of loch Lomond last Sept there was a very bad storm, thought the Loch was coming over the wall with the waves:Sad:

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Welllllll.....

Am I getting this clear you drove north to Loch Lomand and then south to Peebles then you are heading north again

Bill

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Welllllll.....

Oops sorry Loch Lomond

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If you are going anywhere near Skye have a look for Plockton approach it from the the Skye bridge end if you can, absoulutly beautiful place, the gardens on the houses go down to the beach, last year we were picking Blackberries on the beach, it catches the Gulf Stream and is quite mild, there is a large car park in the village you can park.

The village hotel allows there toilets to be used as public ones and has free Internet if you buy a drink. We have found a good wild camping spot though you can park overnight we were told on the car park even though a sign says no overnight parking.

Pm me if you want to know our secrect place.:Smile:

Bruce

Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER FLAIR
Exp
TWO YEARS
our last trip to loch lomond saw us parked here by the loch

7dahiqyigsthiqhgs5uygwycio3og83sioz3vott5ki=w276-h207-p-no
Dont forget the Avon skin so soft for the midgies the wee beasties get everywhere. Enjoy your trips here..........Bruce and Irene

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Dont forget the Avon skin so soft for the midgies the wee beasties get everywhere. Enjoy your trips here..........Bruce and Irene

You'd be better off wearing one of these :ROFLMAO:

NASA-new-suits.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
WOW !!

We have been at Jedburgh since late yesterday ... What a find !

The place is squelching history.. The fort / jail, Mary Queen of Scots house, the abbey... We are both worn out but had a tremendous day.

If you are travelling this way put it on the list...

The local c and cc site is fantastic, but we have now been told you are most welcome to plot up on the car park outside the tourist centre if you like, and there is free wifi there too :thumb:
This place is a true gem.. The sort of place you compare others too

Tomorrow we move on again. Heading for Whitley Bay...

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Spent he last couple of days at Goathland doing the touristy thing but have now moved on to Scarborough.
Staying at another C & CC site and again massively impressed with all aspects ..
Decided to stay here for 4 or 5 days in fact !!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I forgot .... We spent a couple of days beside the harbour ..parked up actually beside the old docks and had a great day round the museum and the old sailing warship

We then moved down to Scarborough for four days before travelling a huge 28 miles to Bridlington.... We are now at South Cliff caravan site.. In to town to have a ride on the wee train and then look around the town..
Tomorrow night there is a band in the sites entertainment centre that covers a lot of 60's stuff....

from here ( either Sunday or Monday ) we are going to York to take in the abbey and see what else is on offer.

So far, touch wood and whistle, we have seen zero rain and it is still really warm.. Currently 10.35 pm and is 22 C !!! )

Had fun tonight.....
Darrell coned .. We could HEAR the fone but could not find it !

Cut a long story short it finally turned up under one of the seats stuck down the side of the water tank !
Gawd knows how it got there !! :Doh:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
andddd,.,.

we are back home :cry:

Woke up Monday morning with a real bad back and a numb arm

Trapped nerve between t1 and t2 apparently

Had to some home as I am in too much pain.. Been to osteopath this morning.. had acupuncture and sever manipulation but it aint done much.. back again on Monday...

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I was there in July when we had that nice weather, lovely place, nice people, but that road.... coming up from the southwest was so bad.
Steve

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We used to stop off in Jedburgh on the way north for the ferry to the Faroes, great little town, lunch in the Woollen Mill and trying on the kilts. :roflmto: Not forgetting the switchback A68 and the blind summits on the way to Dalkeith, better than a rollercoaster. :thumb:

Apr 10, 2014
glasgow
Funster No
MH
iveco conversion
Exp
loch lomand

We want to wild camp on east side of loch lomand. Does anyone if this can be done near rowardenan, given the bye laws?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back