local radio warnings SPAIN! (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well i don't think that there is to much to worry abut but watch out for the sparrows with there zoro masks :ROFLMAO:
i have travailed to sum of the worst and best places in the world without any big problems even war zones as a civilian contractor and only ever been robed once and that was when i was 8 some big bully stole my ice cream in bridlington :cry:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The problem with discussing security is it always comes across as scare mongering, if you read a book about security prevention you should feel more secure, but perversely the opposite is true. We can't help it.:Doh: But being aware of what might happen is the key to preventing it.

The big problem with real life is there is no danger music, so you must recognise situations and hum it yourself::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
In my considerable experience while travelling around the world in Motorhomes or on foot, I can tell you for sure that no matter where you are, you are 1000 times more likely to be the victim of an act of kindness than becoming a victim of crime. And, by being aware you can reduce the risk of crime so as to be almost non existent.

It's good that they mention it on the radio it's good that it gets mentioned here. Being aware is your ONLY real defence. Have the good sense to know that the chances are so low as to not have to worry about it and then worry about it, just a little::bigsmile:

Good & reasonable advice, Jim.

However, it is a pity that some people take a perverse pleasure in over-egging the pudding & exaggerating the real situation. Why not worry about a Tsunami & never go anywhere near a beach!?:RollEyes:

Scaremongering & wallowing in bad news is not helpful. Hearsay is also not proof of these alleged incidents. In 4 years wandering up & down the A7 and visiting 160+ campsites I have yet to meet a single person who has been robbed THEMSELVES..its always a story about someone else.:Doh:

Stat safe & use your common sense.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't think its perverse pleasure or malicious intent, rather its normal human nature to tell stories about the bogey man. :Smile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Before joining fun we were in Spain , stopped at a lorry stop to fill up and stop the night, while at the pump two guys in an old BMW came across to the pump and started telling us how to use it and just stood there talking to them and later we saw them in the truckers cafe and had a drink with them, if we had seen all these scare stories before we would have been very suspicious of them and probably drove off or something, instead of having a good night with some ordinary Spanish guys who just wanted to help and be friendly.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back