Local Data Sim In Germany - Any Recommendations

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Soozywoozy, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy Funster

Off this week ( lots more German threads coming) and we have our own mifi device. We are both on Vodafone with euro traveller enabled and huge data allowances but at £3 a day soon adds up. Will use Vodafone on occasional basis if necessary. Any local data sims experience out there - seen some in lidl, but not sure which network or realiability. Not bothered about voice - don't make many calls whilst away ( the children call us if need be)

2. Glandwr

Glandwr Funster

I've used a Voda and Lidl sim in Germany Lidl was cheaper but you have to doit on line and bureaucracy in Germany requires you to register a German address (to which they write and if letter is returned they cut you off !!!!). The Voda people will do it all in shop for you, can’t actually remember the cost but the PAYG 7gig deal I thought reasonable.

Dick

3. Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy Funster

Thanks. Didn't know about the address registration thing - very helpful. Will try Vodafone - as long as it's reasonable, we are happy as 18 days at £3 for voda euro traveller is £54 ( and that's just me!)

4. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Heavens...... How about leaving phone switched off, use wifi when available and enjoying your holiday:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy Funster

Phone for voice calls not important and don't even take my work mobile with me but map reading, aire / stellPlatz hunting etc / tourist info/ weather watching more useful and would find it more stressful not to have it . We are a tech household and attempting to be be paper free wherever we can . Will use wifi wherever possible of course, but don't want to be restricted.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Yeah I have a wife like that,,had to have phone surgically removed from end of her nose..making a good recovery though!

seriously though I just find phone hopeless for GPS as battery life rubbish

my sat nav has all the info I need for travel..

7. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member