Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
[FONT=[COLOR="Blue"]"Comic Sans MS"]Can anyone help - stupid question. Of course you can!:ROFLMAO:

For quite a few years I have been buying the latest Aires list from Campingcarinfos and had our son-in-law to load them onto the TomTom.
I want to bite the bullet and do it myself now.:RollEyes:
I have just plugged in the memory stick and this is what I see (image below).
I have opened each folder but cannot see anything that suggests POIs to download.
I could do with a step by step instructions:Blush:
Thanks all:thumb:[/COLOR][/FONT]

Attachments

• POIs.jpg
    POIs.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 12

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

the POIs for TomTom can be downloaded from the Campingcar infos site ..

enter the site and on the left column click on "Telechargement GPS "

You can select a single country or All countries.. It will download as a zip file

It is also available form our download section .. I uploaded some time ago so may be out of date
Link Removed

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Connect your TOMTOM to your computer and sign in...(email address and password)....then add community...this should show you what you have on your tomtom files ADD/REMOVE....scroll down to POI...click on POI..this wil bring up a box click browse and go into you files to down load...highlite file and press yes... then install......(also you can copy/paste ...drag and drop:thumb:)

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you ignore the TomTom software that pops up when you plug it into your computer, your TomTom becomes a storage device like a memory stick, with its own directory structure.

I've always downloaded the POI files direct from the CCI website to my computer, unzipped them and placed the lot into the Western_Europe_1Gb folder on my TomTom 1.

Obviously the directory structure may vary from unit to unit, but if you search around you'll find the folder where the other .ov2 (POI) files are stored. That's where your CCI files should go.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
As an afterthought - you say you've plugged in the memory stick - do you mean the memory stick that's sold by CCI?

If so, try searching the whole memory stick for *.ov2 and see what comes up. That should reveal where they're stored.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The POI files aren't part of the paid-for download. What you have bought is the locally installable version of the full CC-Infos website. The POI files for a SatNav are downloaded separately as indicated by ScotJimland - and they are FREE!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
As an afterthought - you say you've plugged in the memory stick - do you mean the memory stick that's sold by CCI?

If so, try searching the whole memory stick for *.ov2 and see what comes up. That should reveal where they're stored.

Yes, it's the CCI memory stick - Jan 2012.
I buy it like this so I can use it on which ever computer I have at the time.
It runs on Firefox.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back