Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
First of all I'd like to say thank you to all the people who have responded to my posts on here, answered questions and given advice. We think we may finally be there. Today we've seen a 1991 LMC 5600 Fiat Ducato 2.5 LHD - very good condition inside and out. 128,000 km on clock. Everything in working order, no damp, started well, drove well. Asking price £6250. Couple of little problems, passenger window sticks if you wind it down too far and in the electrics department the meter that shows how much power is in the leisure battery wasn't working. Present owner said he hadn't worried about the meter and we are thinking that these things will not be a major expense for us to put right. We think this could be a really good starter van for us. Would be very grateful for any comments, suggestions or advice. Thank you.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I used to own a Lord Munsterland caravan a few years ago and the quality was very good. Solid beechwood interior and excellent build quality. LMC is the same company,but the motorhome division. Because its left hand drive you should not have the gearchange problems associated with right hand drive Fiats,so should be OK there. Any small parts that are broken or not working will be a problem to replace because of age and the model was never introduced into the UK so check everything is working and in one piece. Other than that it sounds a good price for a quality van and good luck with your purchase.

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I used to own a Lord Munsterland caravan a few years ago and the quality was very good. Solid beechwood interior and excellent build quality. LMC is the same company,but the motorhome division. Because its left hand drive you should not have the gearchange problems associated with right hand drive Fiats,so should be OK there. Any small parts that are broken or not working will be a problem to replace because of age and the model was never introduced into the UK so check everything is working and in one piece. Other than that it sounds a good price for a quality van and good luck with your purchase.

Thank you for your reply. We have also seen a VW 2.5 tdi 1999 Merlin Autohomes, which is twice the price with 45K miles. Would that be a better option with spares being more readily available? We appreciate your help and input. Thanks

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie

Thank you again. My OH who admits to being a novice said 'why does LHD make a difference?' Cheers

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The older Fiats that were converted to RHD had selector problems due to the fact that they were originally designed for column change. The linkage system was not good in the conversion. With a LHD you will not suffer this problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thank you for your reply. We have also seen a VW 2.5 tdi 1999 Merlin Autohomes, which is twice the price with 45K miles. Would that be a better option with spares being more readily available? We appreciate your help and input. Thanks

Thats cos its a VW:winky:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Sounds a reasonable van for the money,

Best of luck.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi sounds OK for the money :thumb:
Try checking below out -I know it has just ended but give it a call :thumb: may well be a good van for the money
Link Removed
This also sounds a good value for money van
Link Removed
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread