Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
uk
Funster No
MH
chausson
Exp
just starting
How about this to start your own self build. The pod is easily removed from the van by 2 people,ideal if you need the van for more than just camping.check it out at www.vdubler.co.uk.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
No shower, no toilet, loads of messing about. I am sorry I just don't see the point to this vehicle. If you want a camper I have seen better, if you want a motorhome this is a total fail..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
No good and not cheap. I have a Transit based Autosleeper, not much bigger than the VDub, it has a shower, cooker, toilet, heating, air con etc. etc. No setting up when arriving and cost about the same.:Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
A panel van with a rear slide is not a new concept, they have been available in the US for some years..
This particular example .. is relativity cheap, easy to extend, simple design, therefore little to go wrong .. so yes.. while it's not particularly pretty it is quite practical, giving an extra 16 sq. ft. of floor space..

Easily copied and build by a competent DIYer

This is a more professional one.. and not doubt more expensive.. http://www.examiner.com/article/revolutionary-vw-doubleback-rear-slide-t5-camper-van-launched-uk

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
MY RV WAS CHEAPER THAN THAT :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

27Foot of pure luxury :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun