Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
looking for place to stay whilst visiting Lisbon in Mh. Don't mind travelling into city via public transport. Any suggestion great fully received

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
The huge Lisboa Camping site in Lisbon is , in our experience, good. Buses stop outside, shops ( Inc. IKEA ! ) close by and the railway station is a few stops away by bus. Friendly, helpful staff and very good security. Big pitches with all services in a huge wooded park with terraces.

If you have time I'd recommend getting the bus to Estacion Benfica ( NOT Estadion Benfica close by) and the regular train to Sintra and the royal palaces. About an hour, door to door.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Parque Municipal de Campismo de Monsanto, Estrada da Circunvalacao, 1400-061 Lisboa

N38.72472 W9.20805

A large well laid out quiet site in a suburb of Lisbon - a bit interesting to find if you haven't got satnav, try and avoid rush hour! All facilities and at this time of year will have lots of room. English spoken.

Bus outside the site (across the bridge to go into Lisbon) takes about 25 mins around €2 if I remember. Passes through some rather unattractive suburbs but drops you off in the central square (remember which one!) where you can get tickets for the City Tour Bus. Well worth getting the 48 hour ticket which gives you four different routes plus free travel on the public transport system.

Lovely city, if a bit shabby in places - were there this time 2 years ago. We're currently in the Algarve and shortly heading north but probably give Lisbon a miss this year, other places we want to see.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
That looks like the same place Terry. They must have changed the name though I think it always was a municipal. Are they still ACSI low season discount ? When last we were there ( 3 years ago) we were given a free transport pass when we booked in which was valid for buses, trams and lifts.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
That looks like the same place Terry. They must have changed the name though I think it always was a municipal. Are they still ACSI low season discount ? When last we were there ( 3 years ago) we were given a free transport pass when we booked in which was valid for buses, trams and lifts.

Not in the ACSI book this year, although I think it was when we went (haven't got that logbook with me). Didn't get any passes though. Got info from the (draws a breath) Caravan Club European Guide.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
The campsite is about 40 mins by bus to the city centre.
There is an aire at Seixal on the opposite side of the river that is excellent. It's a large car park right on the waters edge next to the ferry terminal and with a beach adjacent. The ferry only takes 15 mins and leaves every quarter of an hour throughout the day. The Lisbon ferry terminal is next to the main railway station so only a short walk to all the sights.
The coordinates are in the All THe Aires Book. Sorry I don't have it with me.

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
The campsite is about 40 mins by bus to the city centre.

Goodness ! You must have hit a bad day. I've got it down in my diary as 15 minutes and the Lisbon bus website reckons 11 minutes to city centre. There were several different routes all going that way. One went via Belem and the pasteis de nadal shop there. Do not , as we did, not being football followers, get your estadion and estacion mixed up.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Goodness ! You must have hit a bad day. I've got it down in my diary as 15 minutes and the Lisbon bus website reckons 11 minutes to city centre. There were several different routes all going that way. One went via Belem and the pasteis de nadal shop there. Do not , as we did, not being football followers, get your estadion and estacion mixed up.
15 minutes with the bus on two wheels most of the time, 40 minutes with a bus driver who has an idea of passenger comfort and safety. Every bus journey I took was a roller coaster Nantucket sleigh ride. The bus terminates in a central square where you can get tour buses or go a few streets up and get the number 28 tram for the real deal tour of the seven hills of Lisbon on an ancient working tram! It was great, going up and down the impossible hills on those things. If you buy a yellow bus tour ticket the metro buses and trains are free for the duration!

Don't ever think about wilding in central Lisbon unless your stuff is worthless or you have a personal 24/7 guard service.
Lisbon is the Only place I have been offered Street drugs every time I went into a city!!!! Several stories about MH's being broken into on the central aire and even muggings!

I stayed at the Lisboa campsite march 2016 with a 10% ACSI discount, about €22, security is good and far cheaper than getting your door jimmed by some Lisbon lowlife, of which there is a fair amount.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back