Linton Lock Marina and Camp Site with Fishing (1 Viewer)

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
I've at last reached home after a detour into Norfolk.

Thanks for a great weekend Pam and Geo for the organisation.

Thanks also to everyone for all entering into the spirit, my face muscles are still aching from laughing so much.

Note for next year that if you follow a sat nav from the A1 you end up going over a very narrow Toll bridge with a weight restriction of 7.5tonnes, but also very narrow approaches. On the return journey my bus and a transit decided to have a go at each other!! The result was one nil to me. He lost his wing mirror mine just sprung on its mounting. We both stopped and the other guy came running up to me, I thought we were going to have problems but he was ok about it as we were both tight to our side of the road.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I've at last reached home after a detour into Norfolk.

Thanks for a great weekend Pam and Geo for the organisation.

Thanks also to everyone for all entering into the spirit, my face muscles are still aching from laughing so much.

Note for next year that if you follow a sat nav from the A1 you end up going over a very narrow Toll bridge with a weight restriction of 7.5tonnes, but also very narrow approaches. On the return journey my bus and a transit decided to have a go at each other!! The result was one nil to me. He lost his wing mirror mine just sprung on its mounting. We both stopped and the other guy came running up to me, I thought we were going to have problems but he was ok about it as we were both tight to our side of the road.
Lucky escape Robert:thumb:
The bridge is HERE if you want to view it
I tried it in my 36ft Rv I didnt go back the same way:Doh: at the aproch it narrows to 9 foot and with me being 10Ft mirror to mirror it was a good job the side rails were lower than the mirrors, also with a wooden plank floor and mechano construction it was as we say here FUN:Eeek:
Thats one outing I wont forget,the sound of the wooden planks lifting under my back wheels will stay with me for ever

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
geo this was scary following ethan on a bike as you can see your m/h on it CHRIST !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back