Linton Lock Marina and Camp Site with Fishing (1 Viewer)

Mezza

Funster
Oct 2, 2009
Funster No
Hi all I am the wife of The Two Of Us and have just joined this Forum.
Looking forward to next weekend and meeting you all.
Sounds like it's going to be a good weekend,:thumb:see you all there
Merilyn and Neil
:yeah:

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
right i have to admit i am doppy i booked alex and john (the fockers) and marylin and steve the ?(scran) anway i had a few cans when booking them on (or thats my excuse anyway )

i know see ya all there we know how we are now!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

carl helen ethan t cup

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Keith your going to have to sell that bus of yours and buy a time machine to meet us 9-11th Sept
See you 9-11th Oct::bigsmile::thumb:
Geo

It must be a time machine Geo, because I feel younger when we are travelling. :Cool:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just so long as their quiet, tea total and havn,t got strange accents why not
Are they really Friends of the Fockers or just social workers:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Wy eye man we will squeeze em on, got some names for us ??
last time this many Gordie's got together was at Jarrow:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
well have to rename it North meets South meet:Doh:
Geo

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi all

Well it's nearly Friday and boy am I ready for this one:winky: I hope the pub has plenty of Pear Cider in the Chiller :ROFLMAO:

I have just had a phone call from Big Dave to say he and his wife will be joining us as well. Unfortunately Dave's computer has gone in crash mode so he is not able to come on the forum at the moment. But I will add him to the list.

Carl - do I take it you have another name for me to add to the list as well??

There is still time for others to book, the weather is looking very promising during the day, a bit chilly at night but who cares about that, a good warm pub with plenty of ale, good food, leccy for my electric blanket and blinking good company. What more could you want :thumb:

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Pammy,
sorry not been on for a day been busy "WORKING" i know mmm the friiends of the fookers are
Duncan & Jannice

PS, Helen will not be coming this weekend as her eldest sn is not well and she is feeling under the weather but Ethan & myself will be there looking foward to it

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Pammy,
sorry not been on for a day been busy "WORKING" i know mmm the friiends of the fookers are
Duncan & Jannice

PS, Helen will not be coming this weekend as her eldest sn is not well and she is feeling under the weather but Ethan & myself will be there looking foward to it

Hi Carl

Thanks for letting us know about Duncan and Jannice

I'm gutted that Helen won't be joining us - never mind though, they'll be other times. Hope she and her son are feeling better soon.:thumb:

We should be there before lunch tomorrow so we'll see you then.

Pammy

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi Geo n Pammy

have a great weekend, looks like you've got a good crowd coming, a little to far for us just for a weekend.

hope to see you soon

graham n Kay

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Geo n Pammy

have a great weekend, looks like you've got a good crowd coming, a little to far for us just for a weekend.

hope to see you soon

graham n Kay

Thanks for your good wishes - I must admit I don't think there is going to be a dull moment for a second. And can you imagine, a pub that will be open until we've had enough - it doesn't bear thinking about:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hopefully we'll meet up with you both soon like you say.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for your good wishes - I must admit I don't think there is going to be a dull moment for a second. And can you imagine, a pub that will be open until we've had enough - it doesn't bear thinking about:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hopefully we'll meet up with you both soon like you say.

hope they have staff on a shift rota.....:ROFLMAO:

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
HIU evereyone, As we sit here with the lock and waterfall running, the sun beaming down, the weather has been great this weekend so far, sunday lunch booked for 12.15 its a lovely site a little gem hidden away butnow we have FOUND it. photos to follow

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
got home at 4pm from another excellent funsters meet.....

fishing was a letdown, only one fish in the Ouse and after that had been hooked once it did a runner and nothing else happened all weekend:Sad:

really nice site but hard work finding a level bit.
the pub made up for this and the grub was very good value.

tenderest steak iv had for a long time:thumb:

thanks to everyone for another great weekend.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
thanks to everyone for another great weekend.:thumb:

A little gem of a place.

Little being the operative word, glad we've got out names down for Aug 2010.

It's not often we get to chat with the owners who genuinely ask for advice for the future. A really nice family owning it and they will surely make the most of it.

Thanks Geo and Pammy you found a winner !

And Mr Geordie - I wish I could have an injection of what he was on :Smile:, never get it on the NHS that's for sure.

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi all

Well we were the last to leave the field (as usual) getting home about 5:30 ish. I hope that all those who attended got home safe and sound.

We sampled the Sunday lunch which (just like the Saturday evening meal) was excellent.

I can honestly say that this meet turned out to be one of the best meets we have been to. I don't think I have laughed so much - my only hope is that we didn't frighten off the newcomers, Dave and Jan (Big Dave) and Neil and Merrilyn (The Two of Us). What a way to introduce new people to meets :Doh: Talk about jumping in at the deep end.:ROFLMAO:

We are both truly cream crackered - it is so hard to keep up with those Geordies - the hangover yesterday (which I still had this morning) is proof of that.:cry: I shall not mention my cat being traumatised by Scran's dog but like father like dog, I shall not mention the bar staff being traumatised when Steve dropped his trousers :ROFLMAO: Mind you I think the Landlord was more traumatised when Steve went behind the bar and pretended to top his glass up.:ROFLMAO:

The site is great - it is still very much under development but the owners (now they have sampled a full field of motorhomers) are now planing for our next visit in August next year. Yes it was that good it has been diaried already. We took loads of photos and Geo will upload them over the next few days - they're great, they show exactly what a great time we all had. We had a tour of the old power mill which was organised through John (The Fockers) and Phil the owner and that lead to us being taken right up to the edge of the lock itself; the immence power of that water was amazing.

I must say thanks to everyone who turned up at this meet - only Keith and Rosalie didn't make it which was such a shame - Keith I hope Rosalie is feeling much better today. Ensure you put your names down for next year.

Look out for the photos.

Pammy & Geo

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
linton lock

put usdown for our same pitch no 1 we will be there ::bigsmile:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
What a great weekend, perfect location, should have caught fish, but failed & the food was excellent.

My photos of Linton Lock site. :Cool:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi All
Home safe from another cracking meet .
We had a fantastic time and hardly stopped laughing , it was nice to meet the new members and I'm sure they will fit in well with our crazy bunch .

It was a baptism of fire for the site owner when we descended on him , up untill this weekend the worst he had to endure was the more sedate type of campers not the " Wild Bunch " :roflmto::roflmto:

Oh and when you come next time Scran .......Clean underpants please
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I can only second all that has been said before, and add a big thank you to the site owners especially Phil who went the extra mile to make us welcome and is making us more space for the return, thanks also to the bar staff and chefs for outstanding service all round
Keep an eye out for Linton Lock web site featuring the funster banner and pics
Photo Gallery now loaded up with 40 + pics :thumb:
Geo

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Enjoyed the photos guys, looks like a nice venue. Will you be going there again next year?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Enjoyed the photos guys, looks like a nice venue.

Glad you said that. Can the system not be made easier for folk to do just this ?

If I go into members albums and click any header picture I get a screenful of thumbnails, click one and I'm into a nice rolling "Previous/Next" loop.

For meets there is no nice index so if you didn't know a meet existed you couldn't search for it, then when you do find it the display is pretty user unfriendly and worse click on an image to enlarge it ( as it instructs ) and you do get an enlarged image with no exit route. Backspace does take you back a whole stage.

I just typed linton into search and it came back with No Results.

Room for improvement I think.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Enjoyed the photos guys, looks like a nice venue. Will you be going there again next year?
Hi Jim,
Yes we have plans for a re make of 2009 Phill the site ownwr is making a bit more room for us and installing RV dump point too, he even cared enough to take measurements and viewd a couple of RVs he will more than likely have his own by then :thumb: he was smitten:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Space will be tight and we will be limited to small numbers unfortunatly.
A quick decision and we could book evey space on site with Phill's blessing:RollEyes:
Geo

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all

I can honestly say that this meet turned out to be one of the best meets we have been to. I don't think I have laughed so much - my only hope is that we didn't frighten off the newcomers, Dave and Jan (Big Dave) and Neil and Merrilyn (The Two of Us). What a way to introduce new people to meets :Doh: Talk about jumping in at the deep end.:ROFLMAO:

Pammy & Geo

Thanks for the weekend Pammy. No you did'nt put us off, just bear in mind that we are used to camping with over 1000 bikers, so a pair of Scran's blue underpants hold no fear for us:Eeek:
Neil & Merilyn

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back